close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What if

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 50GI-Jess, Sep 18, 2011.

1. 50GI-Jess

50GI-Jess Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Imagine if the various countries around Asia, came out with quality copies of SIG, HK, Beretta, Glock, Kimber, S&W, AR's etc. for a fraction of the current retail prices.
    I'm talking about the same quality here as the originals.
    What do you think would happen to the US gun trade ?

2. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    The unpopular answer... The US Gun Trade steps it up or goes away.

Looking at cars for example, Do I want a Honda or a Chrysler... hmmm Honda every single time. Now do I want a Honda or a Ford... well Ford has stepped it up so I may well buy a Ford. It is now a global economy, have to compete as such, this is assuming all copies do not violate any copyright laws.

3. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    I'm no economist, but arguably the same thing that has happened to every other industry.

Pay less now; pay more later.

Andy

4. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Some companies might go under which is bad. Need the gun companies here to be strong and vibrant. They donate money to NRA and other places. Not sure overseas companies would. Keeps people in USA working. Still I'm not adverse to competition from anybody. Prices would have to go down on some models and that would be a plus.

5. Hatter

Hatter Makes **** Move

Aug 23, 2011
    It's probably only a matter of time until their production standards are increased to drive real competition. The common think exercise is done considering electronic components. In the 80's the common mind set with electronics is that Japan made cheap, crappy, unreliable, etc stereos and other components. They are now market leaders with quality above or on par with any competitor. They implement enough QC and increased processes to change their image in less than 20 years. I think this is a fairly common trend and we'll see it in the firearms industry as well. The time frame may be a bit longer but I'd be surprised to see many people doubt that it will come.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted