What is a reasonable listing price for Les Baer Stinger

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Jason Stein, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Jason Stein

Jason Stein New Member

Jun 23, 2019
    What is a reasonable listing price for one of the first Les Baer Hillsdale Stingers in like new condition in .45 ACP (blued)? I’m the original owner and purchased the gun in 1998. It only has 475 through it. Thanks, Jason.

Attached Files:

2. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Depends on how fast you want to sell it. I would say it’s worth 2K but it probably won’t sell at that price. $1500 sells quick 1700-1800 if you’re willing to wait.

Babboonbobo likes this.

3. Jason Stein

Jason Stein New Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Thank you for the response. I agree it probably is worth 2k. Where is the best place to list it? I’m patient and would like to see it go to someone that appreciates it.

4. Whiten

Whiten Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2017
  5. Slapshot

Sep 6, 2017
    The reality is you’re a new member with 5 posts and a ZERO % trade rating. Ain’t nobody buying that gun on this forum for 2K anytime soon unless it’s local face to face. It certainly doesn’t hurt to list it and I’ve been wrong before. Just my .02

6. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011
    I sent you a PM Jason

7. Jason Stein

Jason Stein New Member

Jun 23, 2019
    I 100% understand which is why I was simply looking for guidance on the value of the gun. I’d prefer a face-to-face transaction but I realize that may not be possible. Thanks again.

Slapshot and forester4259 like this.
  8. reconciler

reconciler Member

Aug 31, 2019
    I just placed a want to buy add on this forum for Les Baer Stinger. There were a few that were offered to me for between $1550-$1800. I found one brand new for $1869.00 and Crazy John shows one for $2003.00

Ted A Mc and Slapshot like this.
  9. cundiff5535

cundiff5535 Chambers Custom Owners Club

Apr 1, 2013
    Last one I bought was $1200...

This market is completely odd though. I’ve seen guns I value at $700-$800 sell for $2400+ and I’ve seen stuff I think is worth $2800+ sell for under $1500.

Being a new member doesn’t help much either...

GLWS.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    Slapshot and Roehl like this.
  10. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Gunbroker, is your best bet

11. DRYHUMOR

DRYHUMOR Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Gunbroker with a start price you can live with and no reserve. List it for 10-14 days to get the exposure, and field strip it with pics.

Slapshot and Jason Stein like this.
  12. nod

nod Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Nov 19, 2015
    I would go ahead and post it here in the classified. Be prepared for lots of questions and more pictures but you gotta start somewhere. More pictures can and will prove you are not trying to cheat anyone. I say post it up.

Slapshot, Roehl and cundiff5535 like this.
  13. Jason Stein

Jason Stein New Member

Jun 23, 2019
    I’m new to this site so that’s not an option. I will also be new to Gunbroker as a seller, but I have to start somewhere. I thank everyone for the inputs. The advice is much appreciated.

Slapshot likes this.
  14. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    Everyone starts somewhere, I still remember my first sale here. Someone took a chance and the rest is history.

Take good pictures, have excellent correspondence and of course offer a phone # via DM and see what happens.

razorbacker, Greg M., Roehl and 2 others like this.
  15. Roehl

Roehl Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2019
    I second this. Prices have been insane for some items and great prices for others. But I agree with others. List it up and post lots of photos and maybe someone will take a chance. I have bought several guns here without any issue whatsoever and I have found this site to be the best place to buy good quality firearms for the best honest prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simonp likes this.
  16. Slapshot

Sep 6, 2017
    An option for a new member would be to offer to ship it to any member with a good history and a positive trade rating before payment. It would show you're acting in good faith. I've bought a few guns on the forum where the seller shipped the gun before they received my check.

cghelton, Whiten and Greg M. like this.
  17. sawman556

sawman556 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2020
    I'd also consider finding a LGS that does consignment and uses gunbroker. The place I use allows me to set my price and they take a percentage of the sale.

There is also arfcom which I have used for many years with good results, but you'd be in the same position not having any feedback rating.

Good luck!

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/

18. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    Do our sponsors @BBP or @Cajun Concealed do consignments? We should support forum sponsors whenever possible...

simonp likes this.
  19. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    An early Hillsdale model will bring more money than a late production Stinger. If I were you, I’d list it here, doubt it would last long. I would guess it would sell rather quickly at $2k

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted