What is happening in America ?

Discussion in 'Political Outhouse' started by Mike Meints, Aug 1, 2020.

1. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    The Left is determined to destroy the very fabric on which we were founded; morals, values, principles.
    All of it.

Alexy, Mike0251, Mike0707 and 16 others like this.

2. switchback

switchback Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    This is so accurate, I sincerely hope everyone at addicts reads this, twice. Thanks Mike for posting. I'm off to mens breakfast, 1st saturday of every month , for prayer and fellowship. We often discuss ( and pray over) America, her values and moral decline, spiritual departure and current world conditions.

Alexy, rmac, Mike0707 and 7 others like this.
  3. DPVY

DPVY Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Left, right, up, down. Division is division.

We are unlucky enough to be living through the decline of the United States being a hegemony. This is the natural cycle that we have seen throughout history, and now it is our turn.

Remember; Rome fell long before the Vandals were at the gates.

The part that interests me the most is how an unprecedented rate and medium of information sharing has expedited the process of the Long Cycle Theory. I will probably be long dead before the impact can truly be studied. A shame.

Alexy, rmac, A45GUNNER and 8 others like this.
  4. jjfitch

jjfitch Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2012
    This is the Marxist Mafia at its best! They are addicted to power and control.
    Control the media: Check
    Control education: Check
    Control entitlements: Check
    Control health care: Check
    Control personal protection: Check
    Control the national debt (taxes): Check
    Control religion: Check
    The list goes on...

My heart aches for the country I grew up loving!

As one of our forefather's said "The problem with democracy is democracy itself"! The anarchists are using our democratic process against us, using/ disguising the first Amendment for anarchy!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    Alexy, rmac, 1L26 and 9 others like this.
  5. awmp

awmp Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Apr 27, 2012
    Very good read, thanks for posting.

6. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    The Roman Republic lasted over 400 years IIRC, after overthrowing the Roman Kingdom, and before becoming the Roman Empire. We're not going to last 300 the way we're going. I hope I'm gone before the scum publicly burn the Constitution. Which in all likelihood will happen soon. Seems like most conservatives like to whine and moan about the state of things, but seldom ever actually do anything about it. Just my observations though. Maybe we deserve what's coming?

rmac, ZoidMeister, 1L26 and 8 others like this.
  7. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Well-Known Member

May 5, 2020
    The choice this election is a stark one.

it used to be that Democrats and Republicans has a common set of some goals and principles, but differed on policy.

Those days are over.

The choice these days has become one of survival.

Should America continue to exist as a free nation. Or should it be destroyed and replaced by a totalitarian state that controls all aspects of life, in the name of enforced equality for all.

Rich coastal elites excepted, of course.

Unfortunately, while this globalist/fascist ideal is being primarily driven by elements of the Democratic Party. It has support from some Republicans as well.

Trump may be imperfect, but he’s the only thing between us and them right now. A vote for anybody but Trump, or no vote at all, is a vote to tear down what remains of free America, and replace it with a fascist state.

Alexy, switchback, rmac and 15 others like this.
  8. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    If Trump is re-elected, it will delay things a bit which is a good thing, but unfortunately I think the end result is preordained. The citizens of this country allowed, and many actually promoted, the growth of the cancer eating this country. I suspect the patient is terminal at this point.

9. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    I'm going to temporarily suspend my pessimistic outlook on things in general and give optimism a short trial run. By that I mean. I'm optimistic that this Nov.'s election will bring us Trump, the Senate & House majority by a landslide victory for each. Then and only then we will know how the silent majority of citizens really feel. The choice for them from there will be to diminish the number of those against the country and its original founding or go back into their comfortable shells.
    Their choice will tell the story of where this country goes in a not so distant future.

If my optimistic vision proves to be wrong.................... well then.... @Karl Beining I'll need one in both hands.

10. WhoIsJohnGalt?

WhoIsJohnGalt? We Are! Supporting Addict

Feb 20, 2018
    ZoidMeister, LEO918, KS95B40 and 2 others like this.
  11. gps man

gps man Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2015
    I’ll try to find my optimistic hat and wear it for awhile.
    I truly hope you are correct.
    If not, one in each hand....

Alexy, ZoidMeister, LEO918 and 7 others like this.
  12. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    I think it's a long shot, but I'd like to think that your scenario has a chance. The biggest hurdle I see is "the choice for them from there will be to diminish the numbers of those against the country..."

I'm not sure that this can be done, but it sure would be nice. I'll lend a hand if/when needed.

13. seagiant

seagiant Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Hi,
    This whole situation can be turned around, but our only chance, is to get Trump in 4 more years and build from there for 2024!

Again, our ONLY chance!!!

Gimpster, FNFAN, rmac and 2 others like this.
  14. walleyemonster

walleyemonster Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2017
    Thanks for the read Mike! Well said.

KS95B40 and Mike Meints like this.
  15. Goldfinger

Goldfinger Active Member

Jul 29, 2020
  16. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Well-Known Member

May 5, 2020
    If Trump gets re-elected it buys us time. Maybe something will change. Maybe not. But its 4 more years.

That said. . .

If he gets re-elected there will be riots and bloodshed like we haven't seen in decades. How bad it gets is anybody's guess. But just imagine Portland, everywhere. . . with more guns and knives being used.

The sad part is. . . if Biden wins. . . the bloodshed will be worse, it will just come a little later.

Alexy and KS95B40 like this.
  17. HooDoo Man

HooDoo Man Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 26, 2017
    Let in rain. I'm ready. Wash the demons from the earth. The battle will be fought in the cities. Till the bastards run to the country to hide.

1L26, KS95B40 and seagiant like this.
  18. seagiant

seagiant Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Hi,
    The Left has had it's way for so long, that this was coming, we just needed a Leader that could not be bought off.

Most of Congress,, except just a few on both sides of the aisle, are bought, and playing us for FOOLS!

Hopefully we can show them the error of their ways, and stop the Corruption slowly, but surely.

If you read the details of the founding of this Country it was an out right miracle it happened, but good men became available for the purpose, and it came about, beating the odds.

Hopefully, we can beat them again, and set things right!

rmac, ZoidMeister, 1L26 and 2 others like this.
  19. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    When you're about to go snake hunting its best to know where they live & hide. When you find them.... the best thing to do is cut off the head. Once that's done, the rest of the snake will just wither away.