1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this teaser ad the other day ... SA says they are "...bringing it back."

Based on the digital clock that says "1935" by the pic of JMB, I would guess they are going to release a Hi-Power -- I recall 1935 is when JMB's initial design was completed by Dieudonne Saive.

If they do the slide markings tastefully, and figure out how to put a nice trigger in there with a hammer that doesn't bite, it could be a very good seller I think. I wonder what it will do to the current pricing of original Hi-Powers?

Automotive tire Font Gas Table Motor vehicle

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think it's a hi power as well. If you blow up the picture that's a HP frame on the workbench to the right of the guy.

I would also like to see it have a nice oversized/ larger safety and take either Novak or Heine sights so you have easy upgrade options.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Now THAT would be interesting! I'd love to see the old classic return.

What's the website for that ad? I might as well sign up for the giveaway. It's not showing up yet on the main site.

Not sure I'd carry one; but wouldn't mind owning one. My carry now is either a Guardian 45 or a CZ P-01 9mm (which is essentially an updated modern take on the old classic P35).

·
Registered
989 Posts
That's good spotting. Last February, seemingly apropos of nothing but perhaps clearer now, The Armory Life had an article on the history of the Hi Power.

And SA as I understand it had a run at the Hi Power once before, building a few prototype clones a decade or so ago.

·
Registered
13 Posts
No problemo! It also looks like there is some kind of texturing/checkering on the back strap, which would be awesome if it was also on the front strap. It might just be the lighting, but the bright spots make it look like most BHPs with some kind of treatment.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I wonder if the hypothetical Springfield BHP will be an in house product as they say their 1911s are now or if they will be outsourced and rebadged like their earlier Imbel 1911s or Croatian XDs or Italian Tanfogilo P9 CZ copy.

1935 is when JMB's initial design was completed by Dieudonne Saive.
From Ezell, the design was essentially complete by November 1928 although it took until 1931 to decide to use a permanent bushing instead of a 1911 type. Series production started in late 1934.
It is the P35 because FN's first contract was from Belgium in 1935. Interesting that it soon became the Finnish Air Force sidearm while the army carried Lahtis.

Are P35 mags plentiful? Could M9 mags work ina P35? Can they be modified to work in P35s?
Mec Gar makes Browning magazines, should be as good quality as their others.
I don't know if you can fake up a M9 magazine to work.

·
Premium Member
3,375 Posts
saw an email/article about an XDM-Elite compact OSP in 10mm.....could they be referencing that? "Bringing back the 10mm?"

·
Premium Member
3,375 Posts
ahhh...just re-read @SLAM37's post....good catch on the clock!! That would be AWESOME if they brought back the Hi-Power! I read a while back that some company in India was supposedly going to manufacture the Hi-Power for release to the markets....not so sure about how that would go over....BUT, if Springfield did it (ala - P35 style) with modern upgrades...THAT would be cool!

Reactions: WC145 and Dub

·
born in the wrong century
6,152 Posts
ahhh...just re-read @SLAM37's post....good catch on the clock!! That would be AWESOME if they brought back the Hi-Power! I read a while back that some company in India was supposedly going to manufacture the Hi-Power for release to the markets....not so sure about how that would go over....BUT, if Springfield did it (ala - P35 style) with modern upgrades...THAT would be cool!

Agreed.

I'm not down with a vindaloo-ish Hi Power.

An American made Hi Power.......YES SIR !!!!

I'll get in line.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts