1911 Firearm Addicts banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
I've a long history with the H-P, still own a couple. Interesting to see SAs take on a modern version, if indeed thats what the artcle refers too. I'm no fan of an indian version , even tho there has already been such a creature and not interested with the turkish version either. Research their issues with small parts, pins, etc. Well documented and I was interested in a stainless pistol, but no thanks.

Mec-gar mags have long been the standard for owners of H-Ps or the mousetrap style. Never an issue with my mec-gars. Most are 13 rounds but I own a few of the 15 round mags and they also run well.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I think it's a hi power as well. If you blow up the picture that's a HP frame on the workbench to the right of the guy.

I would also like to see it have a nice oversized/ larger safety and take either Novak or Heine sights so you have easy upgrade options.
I appreciate SA Manufacturing the hi power. I’ll bet it will be a winner.. with all 1911 fans and 9mm fans. I wish they’d bring back the M1 Garand 308. I’d buy one today if that were the case.. when the SA HP comes out ,, I’ll check it out, and probably buy one.. Colts and Springfields are my favorite 1911’s,,, so… the SA hi power just mite fit in..🇺🇸👍

·
Registered
126 Posts
not interested with the turkish version either. Research their issues with small parts, pins, etc. Well documented and I was interested in a stainless pistol, but no thanks.
I've got a Turkish Tisas BHP clone in stainless. It's actually a pretty good and high quality copy of the original. Mine was one of the earliest batch. I also read of some of the early problems with pins and springs. I'm not sure if that's still a problem, but I pre-emptively got replacement parts from BH Spring Solutions and installed them.

Since I have the Tisas, I won't be interested in the SA model unless it's made here and even then I'll wait awhile to see if any problems crop up.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,320 Posts
No, this is speculation based on possible hints in the photo.
I finally got to blow the pic up on a real screen. Did you guys notice the double stack mags hinging from the bench leg in plastic mag pouches? BHP mags, perhaps?
Table Furniture Desk Chair Automotive design

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Look closely at the pic there are a few clues. This was in the Nov 2021 issue of Guns and Ammo.

Automotive tire Font Gas Table Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
It’s certainly been speculated.

However, it will be some new version. I see it being a bastardized version.
It will be interesting. I would hope they would sell a classic base gun similar to the MKIII and then one with improved features. Better sights, better safety and better trigger. Remove the mag disconnect and please no rail!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
The Browning HP was adopted by Belgium in 1935 and designated the P35. It was the last pistol developed by Saint John Moses Browning; although he did not live to see it completed.

@SLAM37's orignial post and @bladeandbarrel's enlargement is certainly compelling evidence to suggest some sort of BHP project.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
<snip> I never connected with [ a Hi-Power ] like some of you gents... </snip>
I can relate to that. I currently have two FN Mark III Hi Powers, and my hard chrome model has the WORST trigger of any pistol I currently own (the other may be the same, but its never been fired). I've been told it's mostly because of the magazine disconnect, and it needs a trigger job. The gunsmiths that were recommended to me said its wasn't worth sending it to them just for a simple trigger job...and I lack any interest in having additional custom work done. So, since I do not possess the motivation to tackle that job myself, they collect dust.

With that said, I will most likely NOT be interested in an SA version of this gun.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts