What is the difference between a "Trial" and a "Tribulation" . . . . . ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZoidMeister, Nov 29, 2018.

1. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    And I'm not talking about the Perry Mason / Matlock kind of "trial" . . . . . . .

I just need to know how to properly describe what life is throwing at me . . . . . again.

Z

xerts1191 likes this.
  2. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    Have no answer for that.
    Wish you well Gary, you're never alone okay.

Mike A, ImperialBlade, tac45 and 4 others like this.

3. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    Make like a mountain G Man and shrug it off with an avalanche. We're here for you.

4. july19

july19 Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled. Supporting Addict

Sep 16, 2013
    A question of severity, tribulation is a severe trial.

Mike A, ImperialBlade, tac45 and 6 others like this.
  5. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Either way we've got your back buddy.

6. gps man

gps man Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2015
    trib·u·la·tion
    /ˌtribyəˈlāSH(ə)n/Submit
    noun
    a cause of great trouble or suffering.
    "the tribulations of being a megastar"
    synonyms: suffering, distress, trouble, misery, wretchedness, unhappiness, sadness, heartache, woe, grief, sorrow, pain, anguish, agony; literarytravail
    "his time of tribulation was just beginning"
    a state of great trouble or suffering.
    "his time of tribulation was just beginning"
    synonyms: trouble, difficulty, problem, worry, anxiety, burden, cross to bear, ordeal, trial, adversity, hardship, tragedy, sorrow, trauma, affliction; More

7. gps man

gps man Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2015
    Weather through it brother.
    Life sure sucks when the tribulations pile up.

8. salelcid

salelcid Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    If I or my family can do Anything for you, just let me know!

9. BennyAdeline

BennyAdeline Official Hi-Point Brand Representative

Nov 26, 2018
    The good news it that both trials and tribulations can be weathered and defeated.

Whatever it is, you’ve got it’s number.

10. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    I agree with July19 a trial is a short time of unexpected obstacles to either our spiritual, physical or psychological life in which we must endure and overcome with our faith. These may however come in the form of one after another, after another. I once went through a period of 5 years, my wife and I that at every time we turned around there was another hardship that affected one or more of the areas of our life mentioned above.

I think a tribulation can be defined as possibly multiple trials over and extended amount of time. I remember during this time in our lives, several people asking us, :" How much more of this can you take" I remember responding with merely God Knows... Looking back on it now, I realize it was a period of tribulation. But, at the time Gary it was one trial after another If you know what I mean. In other words, if when we were going through the 1st, 2nd, or even 10th trial during that period in our lives, I would of ever thought of it as being a tribulation, I am not sure we would of gotten through it. and I know we wouldn't of gotten through it together. But, as far as looking at it at the time, we just went through one thing at a time, but it was usually the next trial that sort of ended the previous one..

I know this doesn't sound real encouraging, but actually it is, because by facing them as trials one thing and one day at a time, and consistently turning those things over to God, we always had hope that tomorrow would end the trial we were in.. And looking back it was one of the most difficult times in my life, but it was also a time that tested my wife and I's faith, our Love, our hope and our trust in not only God but in one another. And guess what? We passed, we made it through.. Kind of like Job, One trial after another, but the whole of his ordeal was definitely a period of tribulation.

God truly will not put more on us then we can bare. But, if we don't turn to Him in the trials and tribulations in life and stay strong in Him, we can put to much on ourselves.

A45GUNNER, tokuboi69, isialk and 11 others like this.
  11. BenchMonkey

BenchMonkey Angry Infidel

Nov 28, 2018
    That right there sums it up well.

12. fieldgrade

fieldgrade resident crank

Mar 13, 2017
    What a great post^^^.

I have recently emerged from a ten year slog through what I have referred to as a very "dark desert". Some of the issues are not resolved, and may never resolve on this side of eternity, but it's sort of like lying on barb wire with five guys standing on your back and four of them have finally gotten off.

Zoid, just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Times like this sure make me hope Jesus comes back sooner than later.

13. GeorgeandSugar

GeorgeandSugar Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Proverbs 3:5-6, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    Gary,don’t know the specifics but you have already delt with the worst thing a parent can ever experience.
    Life is a mystery as it is dealing with what is thrown at us ,keep
    faith .
    So much for trials , but TTT can solve the tribulations problem ,
    tribbles are on super sale .how many do you want ——please. !

4768EB97-2C51-4B4E-8418-AA8B3DF28A92.jpeg

tokuboi69, xerts1191, Mike A and 4 others like this.
  15. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 19, 2017
    Be strong Brother we are there for you.

ZoidMeister and Steve Owens like this.
  16. LPRoad

LPRoad Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 16, 2015
    Praying for you brother

ZoidMeister, Mike A and Steve Owens like this.
  17. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014

That pretty much sums up what I've been thinking . . . . . .

Trials, taken together over time, have created a Zoidian Tribulation Vortex . . . . . .

Good points TAC, and true.

So here are the specifics . . . . . . . .

Mrs. Zoid has been having increasingly severe and frequent bouts of abdominal pain the past few years. She's been to multiple doctors for it. Multiple colonoscopies were inconclusive. Some told her "irritable bowel syndrome.” Others point blank said to her that they couldn't keep prescribing her antibiotics, pain medications, etc. every time she felt "uncomfortable" down there.

Sometimes the discomfort is strong. Sometimes it goes away for months or weeks. Lately, it has been fairly constant, albeit the intensity varies with what she eats. It's gotten so bad that I cannot cook for her any more. She makes what she thinks she can tolerate, I make whatever . . . . . For her it is usually scrambled eggs, cereal in milk, or applesauce. Anything else seems to cause her pain. What used to be an aggravation for her every few months, has progressed to being a problem two or three times per week.

At this point, she's either gotten bad enough, or she's finally gotten to the right doctor. It seems she has had multiple years of undiagnosed diverticulousis (colonic infections), which now has weakened her colon to the point where her new doctor is concerned about the possibility of perforation or rupture. Her colon is compromised with years of scar tissue, has thinned, hardened (lost its ability to be elastic), and essentially does not expand normally with the passing of stool. She hasn't been able to eat normally for the last year or so. She is now scheduled to have her entire sigmoid colon removed in two weeks, IF doesn't perforate first.

"Irritable Bowel Syndrome" (IBS) seems to run in her family. All three of her brothers complain of it from time to time. One of her brothers, a doctor (MD), was at his workplace in the hospital when his colon ruptured about seven years ago. If he hadn't been in that medical facility right then and there, the spillage of the contents of his bowel into his abdomen would have killed him. As it was, he had to have the same portion of his colon removed, spent a year with a colostomy bag, and couldn't work for about 6 to 7 months. He was in-patient in the hospital for 45 days while they fought to clean him out and stem the infections.

If she gets this done pre-event (rupture / perforation) she should have a much better chance of recovery and no life-threatening symptoms. She and I are walking on egg shells. Her brother, the doctor, had zero symptoms the day of his rupture . . . . . until it happened.

This constant aggravation for her has not translated well into her demeanor. She can be short tempered, criticizes everything, questions every motive, even if there are no motives . . . . .

With the holiday's being here, and Nate's birthday being last Saturday, our mourning his loss has also re-intensified. My wife is questioning with this turn of events, if there isn’t a possibility of being reunited with Nate. It is difficult to convince her otherwise.

So yeah, I'm at a loss . . . . . .

I try to maintain my "usual self" but even that has been difficult the past week . . . . . .

xerts1191 and BennyAdeline like this.
  18. azguy1911

azguy1911 Screw it, I'm buying more 1911's

Oct 22, 2015
    we are here for you, it takes trust to share these intimate thoughts and feelings. If I can do anything PM me. You know what I do for a living, I've seen it all and heard even more ;)

ZoidMeister likes this.
  19. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    I can't say anything that hasn't been posted here already.... All I can do is send thoughts, prayers & healing energy..... all of them being heartfelt.
    Stay strong..
    B.

ZoidMeister likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted