1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Cranky old curmudgeon
1,492 Posts
I have a few I wouldn't mind selling. I'm not advertising, and I'm not going underwater to sell. Other than that, the buyer needs to want it worse than I do.
Edit: I know I'll be taking a bath, I'm just not gonna drown.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,663 Posts
I've bought and sold plenty early on in my collecting days but once I found my footing (and my collection direction) I haven't sold anything because when I make a purchase it's really a well thought out addition to my collection and it was bought with a purpose.

Currently in the baker dozen of 1911 that I own I have only one possible for sale piece and I'm on the fence with that so I feel like I'm doing good.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
I’m with azguy. In the beginning I bought and sold pretty frequently. Once I figured out what I like and got into the custom game more, my buying and selling has diminished, and has likely saved me time and coin in the long run. I will have a fire sale sometime this year to get rid of several things that have piled up over the years or no longer fit my needs and wants, and keep what I use and enjoy the most.

·
Never Forget
9,141 Posts
I’m with azguy. In the beginning I bought and sold pretty frequently. Once I figured out what I like and got into the custom game more, my buying and selling has diminished, and has likely saved me time and coin in the long run. I will have a fire sale sometime this year to get rid of several things that have piled up over the years or no longer fit my needs and wants, and keep what I use and enjoy the most.
This.

·
Eddie Van Halen
6,927 Posts
I have 4 that aren't going anywhere unless in a dire financial predicament. The rest have always been fair game, typically lasting a few months to a year before flipping for some new itch I have. However, my last two purchases will most likely remain with me for a while.

One thing I know for sure after wasting money through the years, plastic ain't for me.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Like some of the others have said, I use to trade extensively but rarely anymore. I still peruse Armslist daily though just in case! Every now and then an ad will catch my eye and I’ll go over my inventory list looking for trade material only to realize once again that I’m pretty satisfied with what I have.

·
1911 'TIL DEATH DO US PART
23,645 Posts
I buy them and keep them. Now if time changes my needs or desires then I might sell one to get another, if I'm not in a financial place where I can buy what I want.
No certain time frame or reason. I'm lusting after the DWX right now but haven't decided on which one I want yet.
Full size for range or compact for carry.
Plus I have both those spots covered with other guns so I'm in no hurry.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Anything non-1911 is subject to be re-homed. I traded one 1911 away that I regret, and bought one DW CBOB with the explicit intention of trading it for this.

Colt 1917-005.jpg

Other than that, I cannot bring myself to part with any of my guns.

My ratio is probably 50 acquisitions to one departure.

Z

·
Registered
848 Posts
I've got a negative ratio: This means I occasionally find guns I didn't even remember buying!
The only guns I've ever gotten rid of are ones I just don't like and will never, ever shoot again, and none of my kids want them!.

·
Registered
25 Posts
All,
I'm like fatbaldguy (in more ways than I like to admit). I buy firearms, improve them through careful gunsmithing, and then get offers I can't refuse from my fellow officers. I recently sold a Springfield 1911NM in 9mm and a Kahr CW-9 to a friend and fellow officer, and it's the first time I've been without a Kahr since I bought my first K-9 back in the early 90's. I have also had four High Powers, did trigger work, added Cylinder & Slide triggers, etc. and sold them--and those I regret, especially one of them, a Brazilian High Power with a short, Commander-like slide and barrel. Well, at least I'm consistent...
Hammer

·
Registered
846 Posts
I don't flip much anymore, and when I do it is because I bought something random that I normally wouldn't buy. I bought an Archon Type-B a few months back on an impulse and didn't like it so it was sold shortly after.

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
The older I get the more my tastes are refined. Now it's only high end pistols. Can't make money flipping $500 guns.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts