• A different semi-auto

Votes: 124 31.2%
  • A revolver

Votes: 15 3.8%
441 - 460 of 460 Posts

·
born in the wrong century
5,285 Posts
Left the house this morning knowing I'd be working on my son's Jeep.

Grabbed a pair of old cargos outa the closet and found out that they'd shrunk since I wore them last....probably 8 months ago. Gremlins running loose in the house going around shrinking my clothes. Pesky bastages.

So....lacking real estate for my typical SS2......called a line of scrimmage audible & kept the pants on and simply went all OWB with pistola & mags. Fat Cat Gat.

4th down and punted on his Jeep. Beyond my abilities. Towed into dealership for their wizardry to be applied.....real deal no kiddin magic tricks will be done.... first trick will be making my wallet shrink.

That leaves me to work my own magic on shrinking those pants....and likely a few others tucked away in the closet.

Lean & mean living mode engaged. Starting with a pot of coffee.....first java of the day...and it's way, way later than it should be for such.

About to go through the cabinets, fridge & freezer and get an inventory of what's there vs what's needed for fueling my efforts. No more garbage junk food/fast food. It's convenient....too much so, in fact.

Nothing against comfortable OWB gear....nothing at all.....but I prefer the SS2 for most everything: Government, Commander, G19 & P365. Prefer it over Criterion, VM2 and other IWB. My only ask is for MS to add their insanely convenient magnetic "snaps" to the SS2. Next time I call them I'll be begging for such....

Still breaking in the Wilson, no issues at all. Started to get an EDC-X9, but just like metal frames. I know the double stack is aluminum,but just feels better in my had than a polymer frame. Probably because I have shot Sig P229 & P226 pistols for years. Love my Sigs, but this Wilson is WOW! I also have a NHC Bob marvel in 9mm, may retire it after shooting the Wilson.

I'm not following along on this post. The EDC X9 isn't a polymer frame.

Glad to hear that Experior is running will for you. Slick guns.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts

[/QUOTE]

I have not seen or held an EDC X9. A quote "knowledgeable" person told me it was polymer frame. Never asked Wilson about the EDC X9 when I ordered the eXperior.
Thanks for the information. Will go to the source next time, the 1911 Addicts Forum! HaHa. :sneaky:

Reactions: OneEyedTanker

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm always a little surprised when 1911 enthusiasts don't actually carry them. Nothing wrong with that of course. I'm just not one for safe queens or range guns I guess but I am curious how the numbers fall.

What do you carry most of the time?
I love my Commander 45 for most carry, most of the time it’s the G19 or the FNS 40. If,, and only if ,, I had to pull it out of the holster and defend myself I don’t want the colt in police custody for months and years. Those other Polymer carry’s,, i could live with out for a year or so.

·
Wrinkled Member
1,045 Posts
...About to go through the cabinets, fridge & freezer and get an inventory of what's there vs what's needed for fueling my efforts. No more garbage junk food/fast food. It's convenient....too much so, in fact....
It can be done. I'm down a bit more than 30 lbs. from this time last year. The first 10 come off real easy, after that takes more time. I usually drink a full glass of water before eating anything. Eliminated pre-packaged snacks/foods & replaced them with hard boiled eggs, avocados (when available), mixed nuts, dates. Other fruit & berries. Breakfast is a fried or scrambled egg sandwich & orange juice. Lunch is typically a glass (or 2) of water, 1-2 boiled eggs, 1/2 an avocado, 6 dates & 2-3 handfuls of nuts or trail mix. Good portion of meat & vegetables for dinner plus an apple for desert every night. I usually drink 2-3 large cups of coffee throughout the day. Avoid baked goods. Use fruit for a sweet tooth or protein bars.

I also walk my dog every day. Not very far though.

First month is trying, then it becomes easier.

I need new pants & another hole in my belt.

Good luck.

·
born in the wrong century
5,285 Posts

I have not seen or held an EDC X9. A quote "knowledgeable" person told me it was polymer frame. Never asked Wilson about the EDC X9 when I ordered the eXperior.
Thanks for the information. Will go to the source next time, the 1911 Addicts Forum! HaHa. :sneaky:

As far as I'm aware the only polymer guns they are affiliated with are tweaked Sig P320's and Glock G19 & G17.

Wilson Combat does a pretty good job of laying out their gun's specs on their website.

It is slightly more difficult finding out what deviations off the normal buildsheet are permissible.....that's where Addicts really helps. Some of their stuff you may even be told "no" were you to call them yourself. Placing the order through a solid dealer, however, will assure you two things: an improved price list + more latitude on customizations.

I should know.....drooled over them long enough before taking the plunge.

Once the initial gun showed up.....I've gone fishing in their pond several times since. Four WC pistolas & a .308 rifle later.......and am now waiting on a pistola that's in their que awaiting building.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It can be done. I'm down a bit more than 30 lbs. from this time last year. The first 10 come off real easy, after that takes more time. I usually drink a full glass of water before eating anything. Eliminated pre-packaged snacks/foods & replaced them with hard boiled eggs, avocados (when available), mixed nuts, dates. Other fruit & berries. Breakfast is a fried or scrambled egg sandwich & orange juice. Lunch is typically a glass (or 2) of water, 1-2 boiled eggs, 1/2 an avocado, 6 dates & 2-3 handfuls of nuts or trail mix. Good portion of meat & vegetables for dinner plus an apple for desert every night. I usually drink 2-3 large cups of coffee throughout the day. Avoid baked goods. Use fruit for a sweet tooth or protein bars.

I also walk my dog every day. Not very far though.

First month is trying, then it becomes easier.

I need new pants & another hole in my belt.

Good luck.
I am down 45 lbs since March.

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
3,758 Posts
Holy Smokes, 6 yo thread!

My primary piece will be the gun I'm currently working on the build. 10mm Commander.

For now it's a DW ECO.45 mostly. I rotate with a S&W 686 and backup with a Beretta Bobcat in my pocket. My primary carry always rides in a OWB leather holster. BTW, my new R Grizzle for the S&W was just shipped out. Should have it soon. I also need a new holster for my ECO if I don't sell it.

·
Registered
Bul Armory SASII Viper, Sphinx SDP Compact Duo Tone, Staccato C2, CZ Rami Cajunized.
23 Posts
Man, I really like the trigger. Looks like some of my Timmy's on my AR"S, sweet.
Thanks! I feel that curved triggers may be more aesthetically pleasing, but flat triggers are more functional for me.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Holy Smokes, 6 yo thread!

My primary piece will be the gun I'm currently working on the build. 10mm Commander.

For now it's a DW ECO.45 mostly. I rotate with a S&W 686 and backup with a Beretta Bobcat in my pocket. My primary carry always rides in a OWB leather holster. BTW, my new R Grizzle for the S&W was just shipped out. Should have it soon. I also need a new holster for my ECO if I don't sell it.

View attachment 767882

View attachment 767891

View attachment 767892
That’s a nice little pocket pistol. Those Bobcats are actually fun to shoot as well. I used to shoot a friends Beretta collection often when I was a kid. Berettas and Walthers were his thing, and for a country boy in East Texas, that was pretty high cotton!

I’m in for the range report when you get that 10mm. I think I’m going to build one pretty soon myself.

Eric

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
3,758 Posts
That’s a nice little pocket pistol. Those Bobcats are actually fun to shoot as well. I used to shoot a friends Beretta collection often when I was a kid. Berettas and Walthers were his thing, and for a country boy in East Texas, that was pretty high cotton!

I’m in for the range report when you get that 10mm. I think I’m going to build one pretty soon myself.

Eric
This Bobcat has turned out to be a nice little pistol. At first it was difficult to get more than two rounds off without a jam. But now it's running fine without any issues. I just received two more magazines for it last week. They are so small that I could easily carry a dozen in my pockets if I wanted to! And yes it's a blast to shoot as well. Surprisingly accurate. My youngest son is 13 and it's his favorite gun to shoot that I have.

I was putting in my order with George of Gunslinger for the NH but kept emailing him back changing something. I'm sure he must have been getting annoyed. But he was being patient. I then decided that I would just hold off until I knew exactly what I wanted and then proceed. I'm as bad as an old woman making up my mind sometimes. I'm getting close though. It's mostly down to the finish at this point. Either all hard chrome or completely blacked out, barrel and trigger too. But I also like the looks off the bushing, barrel and trigger being bright. The contrast just looks good. I'm too dang picky!

441 - 460 of 460 Posts