1911 Firearm Addicts banner

What is your slide mod preference?

2K views 24 replies 21 participants last post by  Cop_Out 
#1 · (Edited)
Can't figure out how to post this as a poll, so...
What is your slide modification preference in regards to ball cuts, FCS, and/or carry cuts? Edit...I understand many don't like FCS, but there's a reason that wasn't included. Only the mods pictured are options.

A. Traditional cut with FCS
Product Gun Firearm White Line

B. Traditional cut with carry cuts
Gun Firearm Trigger Light Gun accessory

C. Ball cuts with FCS
Gun Brown Firearm Trigger White

D. Ball cuts with carry cut
Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Tan

See less See more
Reactions: jcc7x7 and 2tone
#11 ·
No FCS. No carry cut.

Ball cut. Round top with serrations. French border. Rear slide serrations. Lowered and flared. Done.
This^^^^^
Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Black

Attachments

#16 ·
I presume the piece you currently have already has FCS so no getting around that. I think it depends on which direction you want to go with it. I like B if your trying to keep it as “traditional” looking as possible but if you want a more “custom” flair to it D is definitely the way to go. Can’t have carry cuts without ball cuts .

I have to ask though are you a fan of either the FCS or carry cuts? If no I highly suggest selling/trading it and getting something without them. If you factor in the cost of the work you’ll probably end up breaking even or slightly ahead if you just buy what you really want. I’ve been down that road before and it would’ve saved me a lot of time and money just buying what I wanted in the first place.

#17 ·
I presume the piece you currently have already has FCS so no getting around that. I think it depends on which direction you want to go with it. I like B if your trying to keep it as “traditional” looking as possible but if you want a more “custom” flair to it D is definitely the way to go. Can’t have carry cuts without ball cuts .

I have to ask though are you a fan of either the FCS or carry cuts? If no I highly suggest selling/trading it and getting something without them. If you factor in the cost of the work you’ll probably end up breaking even or slightly ahead if you just buy what you really want. I’ve been down that road before and it would’ve saved me a lot of time and money just buying what I wanted in the first place.
I've got too much into it to sell. Even if I did, to do the stuff I've had done to a new gun would make it not worth it...IMO.
Gun Trigger Amber Metal Grey

Reactions: FWoo45
#18 ·
The poll function is broke??

While I think it really depends on the build, FCS are blasphemy unless it's done by Rogers, Reid, or Biondo. IMO that's the end all be all. Steve has one of mine now for the FCS delete with (probably, his call) ball cuts. I really like the look even though they don't all fall into the same spot. It gets too busy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.