1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Money talks but here it only says buh bye!!
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What lights are you guys running on your C's?

Typically a surefire guy but I'm curious what current owners are running.

Oh, and pictures would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
7,435 Posts
in for comments, not that I own one yet....but I will ;)

·
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I cannot wait for my C2 duo to come in. I may never have to buy another handgun ever again! ;)

·
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum Rocketboy!

Thanks for posting pics. Here they are the right way round ;)

Gun Firearm Trigger Ammunition Flag

Trigger Gun accessory Air gun Home game console accessory Baggage

How are you liking the TLR7? Do you carry it, if so what holster options did you find?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for correcting the photos. I currently have on order a Tucker DC-3 on order. Spoke with Rob earlier this week and they added the TLR-7a light to the product line. Hope to see it in a few weeks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for correcting the photos. I currently have on order a Tucker DC-3 on order. Spoke with Rob earlier this week and they added the TLR-7a light to the product line. Hope to see it in a few weeks.
Hey Rocketboy, mind telling me which of the TLR-7 mounting plates (or "keys" as Streamlight calls them) you used to mount the pistol? Was it it the 1913-1, 1913-2, 1913-3, or the 1913-4 size? You can tell the size immediately by looking at the number indicated on the top of the raised section that slots into the rail notch, right on top of the light.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you! Very interesting! That's the first time I've seen anyone use the -4 key, but that's good to know, especially seeing how close the light switches are, extending past the trigger guard even!

That should mean a tremendous ability to fine-tune the placement of the switches with respect to your support hand using the whole series of TLR-7 keys. In other words: Exciting stuff!

Coincidentally, I have a C DUO waiting for me at my FFL, and I tried out a Surefire X300U-A on it, and I couldn't even get it to slide into the mounting channel, for whatever reason (It was opened up all the way). TLR1-HL mounted well, but I am not sure I want a two CR-123 wide light on a slim carry gun (That applies to the Surefire U-Boat as well), so ilooks like the TLR7A is the way to go!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'll be in a similar boat (figuring what light and optic I want) when I get the C2 DUO I want later this year.

I've been following the SHOT show news and I'm interested in the as yet unreleased Surefire XR1 mini light, I'm used to the Surefire switchology after using the the U boats for a few years, I have one on my P DUO.

For optics I understand that the DUO set-up on the C and C2 is geared for miro optics so I'm very interested in the Holosun 507K or one of their other K variants. I've had great luck with their full-size 507, it's been more reliable for me than my RMR2.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For optics I understand that the DUO set-up on the C and C2 is geared for miro optics so I'm very interested in the Holosun 507K or one of their other K variants. I've had great luck with their full-size 507, it's been more reliable for me than my RMR2.
Yup, the standard optics plate on the Staccato C/C2 DUO is made to fit the Romeo 0/Jpoint/etc pattern. I've already pre-ordered a Holosun 507K to put on my C DUO. I'm interested to see how much smaller the actual area for the reticle projection is and if it bothers me or not. If it doesn't work out, there's a 1962 S&W Model 15 that will get drilled and tapped to host the 507K as a range toy.

I checked with the Dawson techs and they said that the Staccato P DUO plate which is patterned for the RMR/Holosun non-K mounts is actually build on the same base, so once they have both mounts available to purchase separately, you could conceivably run a Holosun 508T on the C2 or vice versa, put a 507K on the Staccato P.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yup, the standard optics plate on the Staccato C/C2 DUO is made to fit the Romeo 0/Jpoint/etc pattern. I've already pre-ordered a Holosun 507K to put on my C DUO. I'm interested to see how much smaller the actual area for the reticle projection is and if it bothers me or not. If it doesn't work out, there's a 1962 S&W Model 15 that will get drilled and tapped to host the 507K as a range toy.

I checked with the Dawson techs and they said that the Staccato P DUO plate which is patterned for the RMR/Holosun non-K mounts is actually build on the same base, so once they have both mounts available to purchase separately, you could conceivably run a Holosun 508T on the C2 or vice versa, put a 507K on the Staccato P.

I like the side mount battery, the bigger buttons, and the hood re-design of this year's Holosuns for sure, Holosun is very responsive to the market. I like Trijicon, I have an RMR2 and 3 of their rifle optics and they are 1/2 hour away from me, but for me Holosun just does pistol optics better right now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I saw one of the Shot show videos on the 507K and they said it will mount right up to the P365, but the Springfield Hellcat will have to be modified. There are some bosses on the slide of the hellcat that have to be removed and shortened for the 507k to mount. I guess the P365 does not have. I wonder if the C and C2 have those bumps. The hellcat was made for the Shield dot.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Fleshlight?
Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Jeff

·
Registered
23 Posts
I saw one of the Shot show videos on the 507K and they said it will mount right up to the P365, but the Springfield Hellcat will have to be modified. There are some bosses on the slide of the hellcat that have to be removed and shortened for the 507k to mount. I guess the P365 does not have. I wonder if the C and C2 have those bumps. The hellcat was made for the Shield dot.
I'll have to research it, thanks for the info!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts