1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 323 Posts

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off my favorite thread, "What is Your Favorite Lube?"

Well , I've probably bought every snake oil out there and really don't remember one that did a bad job.

So, instead of asking what lube you like best, tell me which ones suck in your opinion.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,948 Posts
FrogLube is shyte.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I don't know what sucks. I did try Mobil 1, 0-20wt and it seems way to light, Breakfree is better. I've been using Tetra grease on pistol slides and hinge pins on my Citoris.. Use Breakfree CLP for the rest. I've been using this for the past several years, no problems so far. I will note that I clean my guns every 200 to 300 rounds so they don't get extremely dirty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know what sucks. I did try Mobil 1, 0-20wt and it seems way to light, Breakfree is better. I've been using Tetra grease on pistol slides and hinge pins on my Citoris.. Use Breakfree CLP for the rest. I've been using this for the past several years, no problems so far. I will note that I clean my guns every 200 to 300 rounds so they don't get extremely dirty.
I had to do a double take, on the Citoris. I read clitoris, lol. I am such a perv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So far this thread names a lot of the FAVORITES in the other thread. Interesting. Goes to show that opinions are like excuses and a$$holes...........
I noticed that too . I started the thread out of a little sarcasm , but the stuff that is shown on both threads I can likely rule out, as I tend to agree with the ones that are on the suck list.

The ones left over on the favorite list narrow it down considerably .

So far my fave isn't on the suck list.

I'll add Gunzilla is a crummy lube IMHO. ( yeah, yeah , yeah, I know, it's a "dry lube" - that's not what SHE said!. I don't buy into that concept. )
But it's a decent cleaner

1 - 20 of 323 Posts