1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy I bought them from said they were 9mm STI mags tuned by David Cupp at STI. But they do not pick up the last 9mm round. They are the ones on the right in the pics, the left are my factory mags that came with my gun.
IMG_20200312_143921.jpg
IMG_20200312_143947.jpg
IMG_20200312_144049.jpg
IMG_20200312_144058.jpg
IMG_20200312_144126.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
They are gen 1 mags with aftermarket followers, maybe Grams. They are designed to be trimmed per your slide stop to not lock back. They haven't been, which is why they are locking back with one left in the tube

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a way to trim them so that my pistol picks up the last round from the mag and still locks open or would my best bet be to buy new followers?

·
Custom Pistolsmith
3,465 Posts
Is there a way to trim them so that my pistol picks up the last round from the mag and still locks open or would my best bet be to buy new followers?
No. As Chuck said, they are designed specifically to not lock back. You can probably order some followers from MBX that may or may not work, but you will have to check them for function first.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn, all I wanted was some regular mags that lock back on the last round and pick up all the rounds.

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,012 Posts
Damn, all I wanted was some regular mags that lock back on the last round and pick up all the rounds.
Buy a Grams follower that's non-competition and has empty mag hold-open. I'd buy the spring/follower kit combo since you probably have no idea when the springs were replaced anyway, that helps the follower activate the slide stop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts