1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What trigger to you all recommend to replace my DW Guardian trigger? I want a long trigger or flat with the silver aluminum finish. What would be the easiest best trigger for me to fit to this gun? Thanks!

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
4,980 Posts
I like the EGW trigger choices.

·
Premium Member
NHC Falcon, SS Heinie and T4 all 45 acp Wilson EDC-X9
5,101 Posts
The DW 38 super I just got has a Harrison in it.
06C32C67-F648-4EEF-9928-05EB28562C30.jpeg

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,747 Posts
if Your trigger is solid try flattening it first. A long flat is comparatively the same size as the lowest point in the radius of an arched trigger. File and sand paper. Try not to affect the side finish and there ya go. A Wilson trigger is not most generally an easy fit trigger. Just FYI, but it is the best flat imo..

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,057 Posts
21A9C883-581A-4D22-BA6A-37B5371F77E3.jpeg

I put a Harrison Extreme Service long trigger in mine.

·
Registered
97 Posts
How hard was that trigger to install?
With Harrison and Egw, you might have to file/sand the top and or bottom. Also file the rear (adjustment screw /pad) for overtravel. There are no adjustments for pre-travel. Never installed a Wilson. The 10-8 flat trigger requires same adjustments as the Egw and Harrison.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

·
5,057 Posts
How hard was that trigger to install?
Loaded question.
I’ve been doing my own triggers for 25 years so
although it’s takes time and a bit of know how,
It’s really not that difficult. However, although there is a blueprint,
almost nothing about 1911 parts is drop in like Glocks and such.
Most parts are individually fit to the gun.
That being said, replacing a trigger provides a great opportunity
to get to know your new gun...

Reactions: sawman556

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Loaded question.
I’ve been doing my own triggers for 25 years so although it’s takes time and a bit of know how,
It’s really not that difficult. However, although there is a blueprint, almost nothing about 1911 parts is drop in like Glocks an such
Most parts art individually fit to the gun. That being said, replacing a trigger provides a great opportunity
to get to know your new gun...
Thanks! That inspires some confidence! I'll watch some videos and do some other research. I'm ordering the EGW flat and long triggers since they are local to me and I can't decide which one I want. If you got any helpful links for install please share!

·
5,057 Posts
Thanks! That inspires some confidence! I'll watch some videos and do some other research. I'm ordering the EGW flat and long triggers since they are local to me and I can't decide which one I want. If you got any helpful links for install please share!
Although I have a few flat triggers, it’s just not my thing. I’m a Harrison/ Wilson long trigger guy.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts