1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This old 1918 Colt came up for sale recently on a site local to me.

He isn't much to look at, kind of like the kid that NOBODY would go to prom with.

If it weren't for the fact that I had just bought another nicer 1911, and for the fact that the seller was a couple of hundred miles away from me in the same state (and not sure if he was willing to ship), I would have bought this one . . . . .

According to the seller: "Made in 1918 for use in WWI. Marked United States Property. Lots of wear and battle scars -- per the last owner, it was used in WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam. Lots of history here. Still pulls tight groups, and has never malfunctioned in my hands."

What the heck is wrong with Curly these days???

OldColt-001.JPG

OldColt-002.JPG

OldColt-003.JPG

·
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rugged and handsome. Like me. :roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro: I want it.
I thought exactly the same. A fully functional pre-WWI Colt with that kind of "patina" . . . . .

I wanted THAT one badly . . . . .

Reactions: Kip and Bro. Pappaw

·
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hoping that's not one of your polishing cloth customers!!!
What the HECK is wrong with the guy that shot it??? Yikes!!
Kip, I actually sold him a dozen before he sold it off (and raised the price).

Here is what it looked like after a little rubbing with the ole Miracle Polishing Cloths . . . . .

Colt 1918-005.jpg

JK

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I thought exactly the same. A fully functional pre-WWI Colt with that kind of "patina" . . . . .

I wanted THAT one badly . . . . .
I would wear it proudly.
Looks like a lawnmower ran over it. History is nice but condition is everything. (When it comes to value)
But see, that's me. Look I've been run over by a lawnmower but fully functional. lol

·
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like a lawnmower ran over it. History is nice but condition is everything. (When it comes to value)
I thought it was used as a stand in for clay pigeons for skeet practice myself . . . .

He wasn't asking much. About the same as a "custom stippled" Glock. This one is better looking too I might add . . . .

Reactions: Bro. Pappaw and Kip

·
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:eek:.o::eek:.o::) It's a 1911. It needs a certain amount of help. That's all. That thing likely saved a good mans butt. It is cool in my book.
Think of the "range cred" you would carry with that one. Kind of like weilding Chuck Norris's CCW, don'cha think?

·
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wish I would have been able to snag it.

Reactions: Bro. Pappaw and Kip
1 - 20 of 74 Posts