1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Deo Volente
7,511 Posts
Reactions: wrmiller

·
Deo Volente
7,511 Posts
If you are building, then this would be a poor choice with all the series 70 1911's out there.

I missed something in the pictures,,,,

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This
If you are building, then this would be a poor choice with all the series 70 1911's out there.

I missed something in the pictures,,,,
is a 1918 replica some in that year did have United States property on the dust cover. 1918 they changed stamps and other things that year about 4 different times at various stages of the serial numbers.. So assuming the correct serial # sequence there were two different standings in 1918

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The story goes Colt just made 750 of these pistols that were marketed as a black army reproduction I thought the way they were marketing them that they would be period correct.

Well so happens they sent out 750 with no pony and no USP toll marks in them. So I had those markings added to enhance the pistol to be more period correct.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Definitely not stamped United States Property from the factory View attachment 421365
No bu some from 1918 were this was a poor reproduction on Colts part that the marketed to be period correct. Since it wasn't I had the engraving done to make it more period correct. They changed the roll marks about mid year and moved the pony then later also move the USP roll mark from the other side above the grip to the other side on the dust cover.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Same gun I believe. Made in 2001.

Colt repro.

It’s in bare metal about to be blued. Just had a bunch of work done to it. View attachment 421383
Mine was made this year the frame in yours is a A1 which wouldn't of been period correct either, and they used the standard 1911 frame on this one. So It seems like they are not much into making correct reproductions. Work looks great on your gun..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts