· Registered
2,364 Posts

· Premium Member
NHC Falcon, Shadow Hawk, G21 and 19X
10,314 Posts

· Registered
367 Posts
Product Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

This was my "collection" in 2014 although never have considered myself a collector, still don't I love firearms and not beholden to any single platform.

If at any point I would consider myself a collector it would have been in 2015 acquiring two gorgeous blued 1911's first was the Delta Elite which was my understanding to be from 2010 the last production. Sorry about the pic best I can do is long gone to a true collector.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Combat pistol shooting

I'm a Kimber fan and was fortunate to pick up the Holy Grail Royal, minute I saw it, had to have it.

Wood Audio equipment Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle

Lisa, to answer your question, this Royal is your, Kimber Custom with a blued frame, I'm positive you can picture the beauty it would be, ( HUGE SMILE) get the Garrison in Blued!!!

· Registered
222 Posts
A friend’s dad, back in the 70’s, kept a 1911 BB gun at the breakfast table to shoot mice as he ate and read. That was my intro!
An awful lot of them got away. They recycled the bb’s. I’ve been a fan of 1911’s and mouse poison every since!

· Registered
2,364 Posts
View attachment 968269

This was my "collection" in 2014 although never have considered myself a collector, still don't I love firearms and not beholden to any single platform.

If at any point I would consider myself a collector it would have been in 2015 acquiring two gorgeous blued 1911's first was the Delta Elite which was my understanding to be from 2010 the last production. Sorry about the pic best I can do is long gone to a true collector.

View attachment 968267

I'm a Kimber fan and was fortunate to pick up the Holy Grail Royal, minute I saw it, had to have it.

View attachment 968268

Lisa, to answer your question, this Royal is your, Kimber Custom with a blued frame, I'm positive you can picture the beauty it would be, ( HUGE SMILE) get the Garrison in Blued!!!
Yes... I bet in person it would be stunning..

· Premium Member
S&W 586, CZ PCR, CZ Shadow 2, Sig P229, DW Valor, SA Garrison
163 Posts

· i'm riding a turtle!
3,487 Posts
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry
I wasn’t into Pistols at all initially. About 10 years ago, my buddy got me hooked on his HK pistols and that got me into the pistol game. Then I read an article by Massad Ayoob where he referenced Ed Brown’s commander size commemorative with a bobtail. I saw a video of him shooting it and decided I needed to have one. I bought one and loved it and there’s no looking back from there. I do kind of regret having the billboard on the gun and I’m not a Massad Ayoob troll (Or Ed Brown for that matter) but I’ll never get rid of my first 1911. Shortly there after, I found the 1911 forum and then heard about another group of misfits from that site that led me to this one and here I am. I currently have about 15 1911s

· Registered
1,047 Posts
I recently got into the addicting world of 1911s myself so just curious how y’all ended up here.
my first 1911 was the Remington R-1911...very good shooting gun, but i sold it to my buddy that likes it as much,

now i have like 14 1911's, of many brands and price range, but nothing higher priced than my 2 Dan Wessons.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts