1911 Firearm Addicts banner
61 - 80 of 110 Posts

NRA Life Member
The year was 2003. I turned 21. I made my rounds around the local gun shops for my FIRST gun. A Stainless Interarms Walther PPK in .380acp. Took me about 5 years to go out and actually shoot it.

2011 rolls around, I figured I needed a proper Full Size handgun. I bought a Springfield TRP. Two days later I was at a "Intro to Tactical Handgun" course where the gun didnt skip a beat!! Was shooting out of a Blackhawk Serpa no less....

GAME OVER! I was hooked! I couldnt get enough of it. Even the aggressive front/back strap treatment felt great!

Wasnt long before I had to sell my first 1911 to step up into the world of the Springfield Professional. No regrets selling my first 1911 (would never sell my PPK) since it allowed me to see what both ends of the 1911 game were all about.

Been through a lot of guns and 1911s in the meantime. The Springfield Pro is still my favorite.

Registered
In a round about way due to the first brand new BHP I saved many months for in 1986, plus a couple of used BHP's after. Then a 1911 carried by a close family friend in the WWII Pacific Theater came into my care, and so my affair began. My most recent being a gorgeous ACW Prime Classic Carry. A visit to the Browning Museum in Ogden only made it worse!

Registered

Registered
I guess it was my first 1911 that I got back in 1990 (ish). I abused the crap out of it and ended up selling it. LOL Who knew it would be worth a bucket of $$$ now. In 1999 I got a Para-P14 and I entered into IPSC competition. At my peak I was shooting about 200-500 rounds a week and reloading just as much.
Next came a S&W 1911 E series. Oh my gosh! What a jewel this 1911 is. Looks and shoots like a dream.
My latest is a "back to my roots" 1911, a Colt 1911 classic Stainless steal.
So I have thee.
Not really an addict, but I do have more than one so....馃槑
When my wife asks me "why do I need another (fill in the blank ____)", I turn on the news and say, That's why!

Registered
Late Bloomer here, bought a used 9mm Government Range Officer a few years ago based on a salesman's recco I trusted. Came with 3 different mags (yeh, not a great omen in hindsight). Eats any FMJ ammo.

Until you own one the history and reverence for the design just does not sink in.

Registered
Air gun Sleeve Trigger Gun barrel Font
Hawk got me hooked on 1911s shooting his Colt Gold Cup . Happened across these Wilson Combats and it went from there .

Reactions: DXT_Shooter

Registered
It wasn鈥檛 a gun that got me into collecting them鈥t was this forum!

I bought a Bul Armory SAS II Tactical Street Comp (2011) and someone suggested this as a good place to learn. Since then, I鈥檝e bought 7 more 1911鈥檚 (all since February of this year!). All it took was being around a bunch of enablers!! 馃槃

Clothing Photograph White Vertebrate Green

Reactions: HOTCHKIS

Premium Member
Les Baer Elk Mountain Resort .45 government, Les Baer 38 Super Comanche, Colt 1991 gov, etc...
The one that got me hooked was the Ruger SR1911.. Then 2 Kimbers (not disappointed..:love:).. and really want a Springfield Garrison next.. Just can't decide ..stainless, or blued.. Help me decide....

Me personally, I鈥檇 choose a stainless, just love the way they look.
Of course I love a nice blued 1911 to馃槀 either or馃し鈥嶁檪锔
Good luck to you and exiting waiting to see what you choose!!!

Premium Member
Les Baer Elk Mountain Resort .45 government, Les Baer 38 Super Comanche, Colt 1991 gov, etc...
I recently got into the addicting world of 1911s myself so just curious how y鈥檃ll ended up here.
My very first was a Colt 1991 government model .45acp. Bought it at a gun shop in Pueblo, CO where I was working on a big construction project at the time. Stainless beauty, still have it today except I put a Kart barrel in it,much better. This was back around 2012 I believe and of course my collection has grown considerably since. Will always cherish that Colt though, something special about your first one.

61 - 80 of 110 Posts