1911 Firearm Addicts banner
101 - 110 of 110 Posts

· Registered
347 Posts
My first was a beater Argentine Colt. Turns out the grip safety didn't work. It was in pretty good condition, and I got it for about $250 in trade value, and ironically it would probably be $1,000 now...

Got back into them this year with a Remington-Rand GI gun and now a Dan Wesson Vigil.

· Registered
391 Posts
My first semiautomatic handgun was a .45cal 1911! I had just turned 17 so Mom had to buy it.

Yeah haha I know where AMT guns fit in to the grand scheme of the 1911 world, but all jokes aside, this was a helluva way for a kid to get started piecing together a life long love affair with handguns, handloading and shooting.

Eventually I did break it. 😬 Perhaps in another discussion one of you good folks can help me make it sing once again.

· Premium Member
Nighthawk Chairman, Atlas Artemis, Laugo Alien, Staccato XL, Chiappa Rhino, Sig NightmareP365x Macro
9 Posts
First pure 1911 was a Nighthawk Chairman, filled by an Sig Nightmare Fastback in 45. Then I jumped to 2011s with a Staccato XL, NHC Firehawk and I have an Atlas Artemis on order. I am addicted and have really expensive tastes

· Premium Member
657 Posts
Collector, or accumulator? I think there's a difference.

As an example, someone who has or wants every Colt Gold Cup caliber / variation to me is a collector, while a shooter who over time acquires many similar 1911's in various brands, models and calibers and has the financial means to not have to sell to acquire more and / or has separation anxiety I'd call an accumulator :)

If you've ever seen the TV show hoarders, I'd call them accumulators more than collectors!

At any rate, my first 1911 was a Colt 38 super which is long gone. Nowadays I'd call myself an accumulator and I still mostly prefer .38 super over other calibers the exception being the .40.

Reactions: Laislo
101 - 110 of 110 Posts