1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1221 - 1240 of 1254 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Having a bit of a hard time with my next purchase.

I have a 10mm dan wesson razorback
I have an accuracy x currently being built in 45.
My next 1911 I'm thinking between 3 or 4 different ideas.

Korth prs 4 inch 9mm "1911" for something completely different
A cabot nero 9mm
The new nighthawk double stack with built in compensator.
Or a build "idea" basically (hear me out its hilariously awful)
Colt combat unit railed 1911
Swap a few parts to make it 60s or 70s "period correct"
Add a threaded barrel
Add a supressor
Add a scope rail
Add a period correct pistol scope
Add period correct bipod

Bam! Now it looks like something the cia wouldve used in Cuba if given the chance. Stupid? Very. But I always say, I'm 1k away from having more money than brains.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I want a 5 inch light weight - the shoot-ability of the 5 inch, but minus a few ounces!
I just picked up a lightweight Springfield, its 8oz lighter than my ACW Prime.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine will hopefully be the Springfield Larry Vickers Tactical model. Reasonable price and has many features I like, no FCS, distinctive checkering, ball end cuts, commander style hammer, U-shaped rear sight with orange ring tritium front. Waiting for them to go back into production.

·
born in the wrong century
4,323 Posts
Next one is a matter of which gets here first.

I've got an order in for a NHC TRS COMP w/IOS and some other requests.

Have another pair of actual single stacks that will likely arrive prior....

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm heavily leaning towards a Les Baer. Most likely in .45, don't know if I want to go back to 9mm. No front slide serrations, no rail, and no ambi safety. Will need an arched MSH. It's my wish list gun for the next year or 2.

·
Chief Steward of Man Law
660 Posts
I need a new double stack .38 SC for USPSA, since the local gun club is now holding indoor matches. So, I'll be calling my namesake within a few weeks to order a new titanium DS frame and a commander slide as the foundation for the build. Likely going with a Briley barrel and comp and Extreme Engineering internals.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I’d like to obtain a 1911 that was manufactured/shipped from the factory in 1960. Unfortunately, I have no idea as how to go about searching for one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have had my eye on a Wilson CQB Elite but also am drawn to the Guncrafter Frag, but also find myself starting to like the Nighthawks in various configurations, but also like the simplicity of a Baer.....and so on and so forth..........also still need an AR.

1221 - 1240 of 1254 Posts