What's it really like to live in California (Re: Gun restrictions)

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by P J, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Dub

Dub born in the wrong century

Mar 19, 2017
    I’m so grateful the state I live in is more reasonable towards gun ownership.

I fear it’s a matter of time before that declines as well.

Lineman1982, FWoo45 and simonp like this.
  2. Goldfinger

Goldfinger Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2020
    Indiana is a great state to live in also for gun laws.

3. P J

P J Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2016
    How about reloading restrictions, if any? Can reloading components be brought into the state when moving?

4. rhsth4

rhsth4 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2018
    If renting you’ll have to check with your landlord about reloading. Otherwise you should be able to bring that stuff in and can have that delivered to your door still.

P J and FWoo45 like this.
  5. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    For now.

simonp, P J and rhsth4 like this.
  6. rhsth4

rhsth4 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2018
    That is very true. Things change there fast and for the worse

7. P J

P J Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2016
    Great, thanks again!

rhsth4 likes this.
  8. SLAM37

SLAM37 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Indeed, I was there for it and saw it happen ... lots of lessons learned from that incident, but in the end, he was just lucky to be alive.

FWoo45 and Uncle Bob like this.
  9. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 22, 2017
    Lots of fond memories of El Toro.

10. ak_in_ca

ak_in_ca Well-Known Member

May 18, 2020
    What area of this hellhole are you moving to? If you end up in Riverside County our sheriff is very pro 2A and is shall issue on CCW but as has been stated ad nauseaum the gun laws in this place are awful. Technically under the new laws you'd even need a permit to bring any ammo with you. If you have any questions feel free to PM me was LE here for 14 years and will be escaping back to friendly territory as soon as the kid graduates next summer

FWoo45, simonp and P J like this.
  11. Uncle Bob

Sep 22, 2017
    Kern County used to be pre 2nd and CCW, no idea if it still is.

FWoo45 and P J like this.
  12. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Well-Known Member

May 5, 2020
    There’s no work assignment or raise worth moving to California.

Now, especially is not the time to move to one of the big blue states, with the election looming.

Besides, with their proposed law, you will be paying taxes on your California earned wealth for ten years after you leave the state!

Buck Buck, FWoo45, P J and 1 other person like this.
  13. Hammer

Hammer Member

Oct 9, 2019
    Uncle Bob,
    I knew the pilot of the F-18 who crashed that day. He screwed the pooch, and he'd be the first one to admit it. Unfortunately, he's no longer with us, having died about 20 years back. I flew with him in another T-6 out of the old Van Nuys ANG Base/Airport and during a US Army Reserve/NG/ANG exercise out of Bishop in 1985 (Exercise Volcanic Ash) which was used for the story line of the movie Red Dawn with Patrick Swayze. Fun times, but the Commander (of only three weeks) of the US Army (Reserve) 12th SFG was fired for what happened there.
    Hammer

ak_in_ca and Buck Buck like this.
  14. Uncle Bob

Sep 22, 2017
    The Army commander was fired for what?

I remember the discussions about the surgeries needed to put that pilot back to functional levels.

15. Buck Buck

Buck Buck Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    I understood Orange County Sheriff was also pretty favorable.
    As for the bigger question of What is it really like? If you have studied the Rise of The Third Reich, there are some comparisons when it comes to 'gun control. Hitler just charged a fee for EVERYTHING related. Now CA checks every time you buy ammo AND you pay a small fee, at least for now. This and the magazine had have been overturned, but on appeals these could take 'forever' !
    Germany had gun fees, storage fees, shooting fees, hunting fees, use fees, ammo cees, No 'Gun Contro!' laws, just fees until you couldn't afford it early on. Then as we knos, if you were Jewish, don't even think about it !!!!
    Seems very close to where CA appears to be headed.
    But hey, the Supreme Court could always rule in full support of 2nd A, with "... for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
    No Infringements Allowed !!!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    P J likes this.
  16. Markgrubb

Markgrubb Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Kern County is a small enclave of Texas or West Virginia Encircled by the Leftist insanity that is CA. Shall-issue CCW, conservative, mostly rural, mostly low density population.

ak_in_ca, P J and Lineman1982 like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted