1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Sir Kip Esquire
11,528 Posts
I have one,think Babboonbobo does too.
Nice little shooters!!
Likes CCI Mini-mags.
Frame internals are basically the same as a 1911.
Bought it for a range toy,like it.

·
Sir Kip Esquire
11,528 Posts
They'll make more!!!
There's a couple companies making little "tweaks" for them.
Nice little gun for practice,can bang out a lot of .22 for next to nothing!!

·
Max Otto von Stierlitz
2,628 Posts
Google the UPC code:
UPC xxxxxxx...
and you’ll find them down in the $206 to $212 price range from SlickGuns or WikiArms deals. Just check the retailer’s location (for state sales purposes) and make sure the shipping costs are free or at least reasonable. (Plus your FFL cost, of course).

·
Max Otto von Stierlitz
2,628 Posts
ATI is usually importing the various Philippine manufactured 1911s (typically in 45-cal). But I see, this pistol shows “made in Germany”.

·
Sir Kip Esquire
11,528 Posts
Cray,if you Google ATI 22 upgrades you can find a Truth about guns article by Joe Grines.
He explains the pistol very well,and some good info.
Payback for the excellent AR book lead!!!
Thanks bud!! :)

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,505 Posts
I've had mine for years, since they first came out. It's reliable, accurate, and fits all my 5" holsters. Great guns.

Reactions: Kip

·
Max Otto von Stierlitz
2,628 Posts
Follow-up question for you owners. I read in several different places, these things have a threaded barrel. I’m assuming that would be for a silencer [suppressor]. I also read in several seller descriptions they also appeared to specify “.22LR HV” which I took to mean High Velocity (+/-1295 fps stuff) - the more-or-less most common 22LR ammo. Obviously you get much better sound suppression without the sonic crack of HV ammo - IOW, when “Standard Velocity” (subsonic) ammo is used. Does the pistol feed/cycle SV ammo ok (or not)?
PS - I’m not talking about the really slow stuff like CCI Quiet (795 fps); I’m talking about the regular SV (+/-1095 fps) stuff.

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,788 Posts
Mine functions fine with standard velocity ammo. Has functioned with all ammo I’ve tried and I tried some real crap when the 22 shortage was in full swing. Also my version does not have a threaded barrel.

·
Premium Member
6,087 Posts
Yep, that's a GSG. I had one sold under the Sig Sauer label and it was very nice.
I traded it for a bulldog puppy to my Bro-in-law and he still shoots the crap out of it.
I replaced it with a GSG 1911 conversion kit from PSA for $119.

·
ALWALS point the gun in a safe direction! ALWAYS!
80 Posts

·
Banned
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You do realize that ATI is an importer of firearms & not a manufacturer. And so is Century.
yes i do realize that, up above i think i mentioned German Sport Group or Gun, whichever it is, i've seen those in 22lr, a different model tho. seemed well made

·
Registered
426 Posts
This is good info. Would be great to have one to teach my little ones the 1911 controls one day.

But I’m a commander length lover. Without googling, is there a 4” option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
What me worry ?
13,353 Posts
I have one and I like it .
I use it to train the Mrs on the 1911 platform and draw and presents drills,saves the finish on its Big brothers.
Turned out to be a nice shooter at a good price .

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,504 Posts
I was looking at these and some other 1911 22s a while back. One of them had plastic sites. Not a dealbreaker on a $200 plinker. Just wondering if anyone knew if this is the one with the plastic sites.

There was another with fluorescent dots on sites, yellow or green in the rear, orange in the front. I believe those were plastic for sure.

Both nice guns for the money. Good to see feedback that these things run nice. I may just go to Slickguns and get me an early Christmas present

·
Max Otto von Stierlitz
2,628 Posts
Really... Tritium vials in an ‘all plastic’ sight? Since it’s a .22, I guess “recoil” isn’t really a problem (causing them to walk). Actually, sounds like a good solution (for lower costs).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts