1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
colt-python-in-357-magnum.jpg
I do not own a revolver. I've never owned one. But I've wanted one for as long as I can remember. Before I even knew what it was. I loved the looks of this gun. But, for the one I would have to have it was totally more than I was willing to pay. Then one day while at my nearby gun dealer "Fuquay Gun And Gold " I was talking about this gun to one of the guys there. I asked him if he knew of someone who might want to sell theirs. What the heck you never know right? Then he said that it was going to be released again. What? Yeah they are going to start selling them again in a year or so. I didn't know that. You already know what it is right? Here's the exact revolver that I am going to buy when I buy one. So what would you buy as your first revolver.

·
It is a dry heat, right...
3,750 Posts
Colt has already (January '20) released the 6" model and the pictured 4" model should be later this year.
Get in line to drink this Kool-aid...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
My first revolver purchase was 40 years ago, it was a 8 3/8" 629 no-dash in the presentation case. A real beauty. If I was to buy a first gun today, it would probably be a L-frame 4" S&W, maybe a 686 or 586. That would just be a starting point, I would buy others, but that 4" .357 would keep me busy for a while.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
If you're only gonna have one by the Colt!

Reactions: OldCuz

·
Registered
214 Posts
My father got a new 6 inch python. Unbelievable for the price. Awesome double action, single could be better but we’ll give it time to wear in. Fit and finish are great. I opened the side plate. No cast or mim that I could see (but I may not really know exactly what I’m looking at, no seams or cast marks). Get one you’ll love it. Between my father and I we have 4 old pythons and the new one is right on par if not better in my opinion.
DFF35BE6-D7DD-4324-BF11-926C9A1ABE39.jpeg
912B2822-D2BC-42B5-B0FD-949652CBC0D0.jpeg
E4C4B9B0-4B4A-4696-8ED2-8D8CF717F4A9.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
1,293 Posts
The new Python is a nice revolver, but it’s completely different from the original. It looks similar, but the feel is totally different for better or worse.

If you’ve always wanted an original Python, you still will. Colt hasn’t started making the old Python again. It’s a new gun with the same name, much like their other new DA revolvers.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts