1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Never made it to step 12
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being in south Arkansas I guess not many people see the need to have actual shooting ranges, as they are hard to find down here.

So where do you shoot? I've got a little spot in Camden just off of 7 South. It's just 3 minutes down the road. It's a clay pit, so no shooting after a heavy rain, unless you just want to get muddy!

·
Push to test, release to detonate
1,106 Posts
Out in the woods outside of town..I am not a fan of indoor/public ranges.. way too many tactifool gomers there for my taste.

·
Never made it to step 12
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
13,561 Posts
Being in south Arkansas I guess not many people see the need to have actual shooting ranges, as they are hard to find down here.

So where do you shoot? I've got a little spot in Camden just off of 7 South. It's just 3 minutes down the road. It's a clay pit, so no shooting after a heavy rain, unless you just want to get muddy!
Billy Adkins' pit? I built the Armory down in Camden last year and got my dirt from Billy. I used to go down there and shoot all the time. :nod:

·
1,106 Posts
I can agree with that. Where are you from?
Currently I am living in Southwestern Oregon.. great upgrade from the PRK.. The treeline comes down right to the edge of town..

·
Never made it to step 12
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Billy Adkins' pit? I built the Armory down in Camden last year and got my dirt from Billy. I used to go down there and shoot all the time. :nod:
I think that's the place. Are you the one that gave me your leftover ammo? It was .45 Remington UMC. I picked up ALL that brass!

·
1,106 Posts
Oooops! Boy do I feel stupid. I just noticed that this subforum is for residents of Arkansas.

Sorry.
Do'h! I just clicked on whats new.. oops.. guess I should be posting in the Oregon subforum..

·
Never made it to step 12
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hah! It's cool guys. It may take some getting used to looking at where the thread is coming from now that we have "by state" sub-forums.

·
Super Moderator
13,561 Posts
I think that's the place. Are you the one that gave me your leftover ammo? It was .45 Remington UMC. I picked up ALL that brass!
I believe so. I was the one who drove a company truck. Usually had some 1911's and Glocks with me. :grin: Small world. :nod:

·
Never made it to step 12
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hah, yeah it is. Next time you're out this way let me know, we'll go shoot some more!

·
BIG OL' BALD HAID !
3,291 Posts
oops wrong sub forum!

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Another backyard shooter here. Live couple miles outside of town, no close neighbors so I set up a wooden palet, staple target(s) to it and blast away. Have a bench for rifle shooting built with 100yards of usable range as well.

·
Schütze
2,678 Posts
I replied to a post in the "ask Larry Vickers" section recently.. They didin't like it very much.. LOL.. Ron

·
Never made it to step 12
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Another backyard shooter here. Live couple miles outside of town, no close neighbors so I set up a wooden palet, staple target(s) to it and blast away. Have a bench for rifle shooting built with 100yards of usable range as well.
I'm in the market for a house outside of the city limits, with as few neighbors as possible. I would love for the family and I to shoot right off the back porch!

·
Never made it to step 12
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I replied to a post in the "ask Larry Vickers" section recently.. They didin't like it very much.. LOL.. Ron
That must not have been on this forum.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Nice spot Killer, looks like we could have a blast there. I have a small pistol range out behind the barn with a few pepper poppers and some silhouette targets. Also have a 100 yard target for the rifles.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts