Where to buy 4" match barrel?

Discussion in '1911 Gunsmithing' started by 2manyhobbies, Dec 22, 2018.

1. 2manyhobbies

2manyhobbies New Member

Nov 7, 2018
    I'm wanting to replace the 2 piece barrel in my Springfield Champion. I've tried searching and haven't had many results except for a Wilson drop in that's not a match barrel and Nowlin who charges the 6" price. Are there any other options that I haven't found yet?

2. pistolwretch

pistolwretch Dremel jockey Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    Talk to Kevin at KKM.
    Or to Dave Williams at Springfield.

3. Karsten

Karsten Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
  4. 2manyhobbies

2manyhobbies New Member

Nov 7, 2018
    I have a bushing barrel now. Do I have to use the same or would a bushingless or bull barrel work?

5. HOGRIDER

HOGRIDER Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2014
    Just submitted an inquiry to Bar-Sto concerning a match grade replacement 4" barrel for a 9mm EMP4. Irv Stone replied back that would be no problem. Even offered to do the installation if needed.
    Feel confident they could do the same for .45acp, etc....

:thumbs:

6. Descartian

Descartian Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    I would encourage you to listen to pistolwrench.

I would also stay far away from Bar-Sto. It is not the same company as when Irv Sr. ran it. I recently had a very bad experience with them that lasted almost a year and cost me a pretty penny. Bar-Sto used to be one of the top pistol barrel manufacturers out there, ohh how the mighty have fallen.

7. 2manyhobbies

2manyhobbies New Member

Nov 7, 2018
    That's a shame about Bar-Sto. Those were the go to barrel when I was active in competitive shooting in the 80-90s. Seems that happens a lot when the next generation takes over and is more worried about profit than quality.

8. HOGRIDER

Dec 18, 2014
    Descartian:

I had no idea Bar-Sto had fallen! Been many years since I directly dealt with them....probably when Irv Sr. was still around.

Thanks for the heads up!

9. HOGRIDER

Dec 18, 2014
    2many:

Same here......hate to hear that about Bar-Sto! I too was very active about the same time, and Bar-Sto and Nowlin were my go to for true match barrels!

As a senior citizen, I too have seen many successful businesses "turned over" to the kids; and eventually end up in the can.

SMH.......

10. Joe C

Joe C Custom Pistolsmith Sponsor

Sep 11, 2011

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted