1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay folks...after a bunch of experimenting with various OWB holsters (left handed), I believe I've found that an OWB holster with a 20 degree cant/rake works best for me just behind my hip and at a mid - high height.

I have a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro that I am currently carrying (it has a 20 degree can/rake) and it is working great, HOWEVER, it rides a bit low for me (the trigger guard is right at the belt line). I like the trigger guard to be around the top of the belt (I have a Don Hume OT721 that has the perfect height but is only 15 degree can/rake).

Anyone know of any places I can go online to find/buy a solid OWB holster with a 20 degree cant/rake and that has a mid - high ride? I've bought from Paul @ Warbird Leather in the past and may reach out to him, but open to other options too....

Thanks!
Z

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Warbird Leather has become one of my go to leather guys. I love his 20 degree cant convertible.

Reactions: rhjeepdriver

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure about the exact degree of :rake: but check out the Galco Concealable holster. It kicks the butt of my 1911 almost vertical.
Yup...have one...it's a 30 degree rake...too much for me, and it prints like a pregnant lady in a bodysuit....

Reactions: Kip

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Milt Sparks VMII is 18 IIRC. I have a few of those as well.

Reactions: zipper046

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! @Descartian ....Garrett is on my list...i like the STX 2.0 OWB...but is it thick with the way the front loop is attached to the holster body? Looks like it would add thickness...

@WVsig ...do you know of any retailers outside Milt Sparks direct who may carry VMII’s in stock?

·
Registered
2,451 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Thanks guys! @Descartian ....Garrett is on my list...i like the STX 2.0 OWB...but is it thick with the way the front loop is attached to the holster body? Looks like it would add thickness...

@WVsig ...do you know of any retailers outside Milt Sparks direct who may carry VMII’s in stock?
Not much at all. Maybe 3/16” total. You wouldn’t notice it.

I know someone selling a used STX 2.0 for a non railed 4.25” commander if you’re interested.

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Many makers will tailor the holster to your needs, to include Davis Leather, Robb Hipp, and others. Email them and ask.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.