1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a full rail Springfield 1911 trp for a year or so and recently picked up a Springfield professional operator…..what a difference. So I now realize that my trp needs smoothed out and the trigger pull lightened and the creep taken up. Would you recommend the Springfield custom shop, or what other smith would you recommend. I don’t want to overpay, but I don’t mind paying for quality work.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
I would reach out to Jim Milks / Innovation custom guns - does top notch work at a fair price and for something as simple as this probably has a reasonable turn around time.

Reactions: OneEyedTanker

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
I will be up front, I am a Nighthawk fan, but I have always lusted for the Kimber Raptor. After having half dozen Hawks, I finally found a great deal on the Raptor and bought it. Well, the problem was it shot like shxx compared to my Hawks, so I finally sent it to Nighthawk. They did an amazing job, a complete trigger job and worked and balanced the rest of the gun for about $500. Just so happens I took it to the range today, and one of the folks at the LGS shot it. He said it was the best Kimber he has ever seen, happy I sent it to them.

Great job Bob, Thx much...

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Speak @EvolutionArmory great guy and solid forum contributor
I agree, no need to go outside of this forum really provided one of the members can take it on.
Ive seen the forum smiths take on jobs like that quite often for other members and we know they are ALL busy.
For me it adds a cool factor to it as well, I dont know why but it does.
Most minor stuff I do myself these days but I have the forum to thank for that as well lol
Ive learned more in the last 2 years of retirement than the 50 years before, 90% of it right here from you guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts