STI Which 2011?

Discussion in 'Competition 1911's' started by e1911, Apr 19, 2020.

1. e1911

e1911 Member

Jan 24, 2016
    What do you all like for the 2011 in competition?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Descartian

Descartian Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    That’s a big question. Which league and which division. There’s a lot of options out there.

Dwe likes this.

3. Skinnygunfan

Skinnygunfan New Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Help us help you....

What game/division? ??
    Options/opinions for days ...

4. DukeSoprano

DukeSoprano Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2013
  5. TommyGunsUSA

TommyGunsUSA Active Member

Nov 7, 2019
    13503038-5F12-45D9-ACC5-D23AC98CB318.jpeg Uspsa

Attached Files:

AJP, 1911 crazed, Dub and 3 others like this.
  6. Descartian

Descartian Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    RN47 likes this.
  7. TommyGunsUSA

Nov 7, 2019
    Beautiful gun

Roehl likes this.
  8. Dilligas

Dilligas Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Welcome TommyGunsUSA! Here is one that Jeff built for me! Shoots better than anything I have ever owned. 20200107_190210.jpg 20200107_190228.jpg

AJP, 1911 crazed, Sango and 2 others like this.
  9. TommyGunsUSA

Nov 7, 2019
  10. Dub

Dub born in the wrong century

Mar 19, 2017
    2011 Competition Starter kit.....official even.

[​IMG]

1911 crazed and TommyGunsUSA like this.
  11. jcc7x7

jcc7x7 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2019
    CK Arms shop made, well built, easy to get (shooter connection)
    Custom
    Bedell
    Akai
    Several others that I've not owned but hear good things from friends

Friends don't let friends buy STI's!

12. Kamber

Kamber Member

Apr 25, 2020
    I'm in the market myself, and after browsing through all the well known and reputed builders, I certainly am partial to the aesthetics of Venom Customs and Carne Customs. Definitely a lot of other well known builders out there though: Atlas, Akai, SVI, Limcat, Cheely, CK Arms, Bedell, Cameron's, Rafferty, etc.

If being budget friendly is a consideration, I'd way sooner go with a Phoenix Trinity Honcho or pre-build CK Arms from Shooter'sConnection than an STI. From everything I've heard, their quality, warranty, and customer service have gone downhill in recent years if you're talking about subjecting it through the continuous abuse of competition use.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  13. Bmlewis5117

Bmlewis5117 Member

Nov 19, 2019
    I've owned a Costa Comp Carry and a Staccato XL and still own a DVC-C. Best I can tell the guns runs pretty good as far as quality go. The Costa Comp preferred +p or Nato loads when I got it tell I got around 6 or 7k through it, changed out and put a new recoil spring and started working great with everything. The XL had only one small issue around 1500 rounds, started to have failures to extract, watched the Atlas youtube video on extractor tuning and no more issue for another 1000 rounds (still got rid of it cause I wanted to go back to open division). I've got 5K rounds or more though the DVC-C and it runs everything include steal case stuff with only the random failed primary on some of the russian stuff, otherwise its as dependable as any Glock I've own. I will say the finish on the older DVC and Costa guns was better, way harder to ding up. No experience with customer service so no comment on that. I've seen plenty of Staccato Ps and running just fine at matches. I wouldn't right them off.

Although for the budget minded here Bul Armory seems to be coming on pretty strong. I have a Viper getting delivered this week and they offer good pricing and will work with you to customize the gun how you want it if you don't mind extra wait times. As soon as I get the Viper and get around 2k through it I'll post a review in the 2011 page. Triarc also is pushing some pretty guns and I've got one of those on order (7 weeks out hopefully), they were super easy about making personalized changes to the pistol, free of charge no less. Just some other options out there I'm personally exploring to find my perfect 2011 builds. I will not be selling my DVC-C though anytime soon, it just runs to damn good and shoots so nice.

Kamber likes this.
  14. Kamber

Kamber Member

Apr 25, 2020
    No doubt there are some excellent examples out there, especially the older ones. I've seen quite a few users on various forums experience longevity & QC issues with some of their newer guns and individual parts like slides, etc, specifically from the past 5 years or so. Of course, they backed all those users up with phenomenal customer service and replaced/repaired anything that was broken, but I'm guessing it just started being a losing business proposition for them to continue offering such a comprehensive warranty, hence the switch to their current warranty policy.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  15. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    I have 3 older STI's and a 2019 4" Staccato P. All have been outstanding.
    I prefer the older style slides over the new generation, due to.... well I guess being an
    old fart! I also have a Nighthawk 2011 which is just... well... a Nighthawk, and have a GunCrafter X2 Hellcat in the works.

16. Roehl

Roehl Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2019
    Just read their new warranty. Don’t like fact that it only covers original owner. Other than that I can see their reasoning. I have two STIs that have been shot extensively with zero problems. As far as production guns go, they are great. Not as great as say a custom gun is but you are paying extra for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. e1911

e1911 Member

Jan 24, 2016
    I’ve been thinking about STI but just keep getting drawn to Nighthawk 2011s. Price difference is painful but curious to know how you like your Nighthawk compared to your other 2011s?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ripdog28 likes this.
  18. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    Caddy to a Chevy...
    Both will do the same thing but one looks better and feels better doing it.

19. Roehl

Roehl Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2019
    If you are spending that type of money, I would go w Atlas Gunworks or Akai. I have a Nighthawk 1911 custom, while nice, I wouldn’t want one in 2011. Next to my two SVI’s, it’s just not in the same league in terms of fit and finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted