1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Which grips would you choose?

5K views 63 replies 54 participants last post by  Integrity Arms 
#1 ·
Grips can really change the whole look of a project. This client could not decide. Let's help him. Version one is the white, Version 2 is black. Grips are Harrison Design. VZ made a special one off in white. This is a CC Colt 9mm.

See less See more
#18 ·
Grips can really change the whole look of a project. This client could not decide. Let's help him. Version one is the white, Version 2 is black. Grips are Harrison Design. VZ made a special one off in white. This is a CC Colt 9mm.

I like the white but both are nice. Get both and change with your mood!

#25 ·

Sorry, not a fan of white, and never for carry.

The black is unobtrusive, but it just doesn't work well with blued finishes. IMO, blued guns belong fitted with natural material stocks. Wood or ivory/horn, I say.

While I'm at it offering opinions, I think if you find a natural material that is truly beautiful, leave it be. Checker the frontstrap, checker the housing and everything else, but leave premium wood and ivory as pristine as possible. Do a border or a panel if you have to show you did something. If you have the metal pointed up, there really isn't any problem holding the pistol, and having smooth stocks can make it easier on your clothes, leather, etc.

#29 ·
I’d have to go with the black.

Reactions: KS95B40
#30 ·
I like the look of the off white grips. While they're clean obviously. As others have stated, I too like to have options for a fine custom such as this one. Black VZ's for carry when you want the blacked out look, a nice walnut pair for the rest of the carry time, the white VZ's because they look cool, round it out with some more wood pairs and maybe a bone/ivory pair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.