1911 Firearm Addicts banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
I have deep affection for my Nighthawk long slide 10mm, and I sold my Glock 40, which was a long slide 10mm. That said, were I to want one strictly for handgun hunting, I would have kept the Glock. Low maintenance, wouldn't care if it got scratched, dirty, or wet in the brush. One less thing to take up brain cycles that could be dedicated to the hunt.
I actually own a Glock 40 MOS with an RMR , a 7" KKM barrel and a Johnny Glock trigger. Just looking for something a little nicer.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
I think the Kodiak or Bruin from Dan Wesson would be my choice. Not that the NHC's, GI's EB's, etc. aren't great, but the DW options seem to offer quite a bit for the money.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I think the Kodiak or Bruin from Dan Wesson would be my choice. Not that the NHC's, GI's EB's, etc. aren't great, but the DW options seem to offer quite a bit for the money.
Other than what looks like the frame what are the differences between the Bruin and the Kodiak?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Kodiak is light bearing and the bruin does not. If you are shooting hogs, I would want a light on it. Same reason I have a railed RIA LS. A bright 1000 lumen light and 17 rounds of pig thumper before a mag change.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Kodiak is light bearing and the bruin does not. If you are shooting hogs, I would want a light on it. Same reason I have a railed RIA LS. A bright 1000 lumen light and 17 rounds of pig thumper be for a mag change.
Ah I see, Thanks.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
The utility of the Kodiak is appealing, but to me the Bruin is a very attractive gun. We don't have hogs in southern Oregon and for that reason I would go with the Bruin just because it appeals more to my eye. The Bruin is one of the guns that I like enough to validate getting back into 10mm, but in all fairness it's pretty easy to talk myself into why I need or want a pistol, especially a 1911 and especially a DW.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts