Nighthawk Which Nighthawk?

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by JM44, Apr 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. JM44

JM44 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Feb 2, 2018
    I am sad to admit this but I currently do not have any Nighthawks in the stable. I am looking to order my first in the near future but am not sure which way to go, too many great choices! I know everyone’s preferences are different but would love whatever feedback I can obtain from my fellow addicts. I am looking for a full size in 45 and this will likely just be a range gun. Currently I really like the Falcon and WarHawk. I am always looking in the classifieds but I have a specific finish scheme in mind for this one so I will be ordering new. Thanks!

Glock2740 and Stogies like this.
  2. A45GUNNER

A45GUNNER Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    I have a stainless Nighthawk Classic that I had a bull barrel installed in, & went with a different rear sight & I love it. If you contact Bob Reeves & go over what you want, he can help you to spec it out exactly what you are looking for-he is great to work with. Good luck-planning it out to make it yours is almost as much fun as taking the first shot with it!

JM44 likes this.

3. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Next week I am ordering an Enforcer. As you said, no bad choice. I like that it comes standard with a mag well but the models you are considering are also nice. I considered the Falcon but continue to be drawn to the Enforcer. Good luck choosing!

JM44 likes this.
  4. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL

Mar 11, 2013
    Next NHC I get will be a Firehawk. The blend of that comp is just too nice to pass up.

ZArugby, Thwap, JM44 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Diablo

Diablo When in doubt, empty the magazine!!!

Nov 28, 2018
    I just picked up my Enforcer Recon and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JM44 and Old Sea Dragon like this.
  6. Diablo

Nov 28, 2018
    YES!!!!!!!!!! That Firehawk is badass!!!!!

Thwap and JM44 like this.
  7. Kitjunkie

Kitjunkie Active Member

Jun 27, 2017
    I had a chance to handle a President yesterday. On paper, it's definitely not my thing, however, in person, it's a really cool pistol. For range use, I think it would be awesome. Good luck. There are no bad choices here.

boatdoc and JM44 like this.
  8. Diablo

Nov 28, 2018
    upload_2019-4-25_6-31-5.png
    upload_2019-4-25_6-31-57.png
    upload_2019-4-25_6-33-19.png

usmc_k9_vet, simonp and JM44 like this.
  9. stlgecko

stlgecko Gecko Lives Matter

May 24, 2014
    Make a list of features you desire and then see which model is closest to it. Then just add/subtract whatever is necessary. The nice thing about a custom order is that you can specify whatever smith you want to build it. There are many great ones and naming one specifically helps avoid getting a rookie.

boatdoc, B81 and JM44 like this.
  10. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    I'm ordering a T4 next week, DLC slide over a bead blasted stainless steel frame with a magwell and the scallop treatment to the mainspring housing and front strap :):):):)

ZArugby, Diablo and Old Sea Dragon like this.
  11. JM44

Feb 2, 2018
    Great advice, thank you

12. JM44

Feb 2, 2018
    I am VERY tempted by the T4 but would like to obtain a full-size first. I am thinking that if I go with the falcon I can then spec out a T4 similar to it down the road.

boatdoc likes this.
  13. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Personally, I like the Trooper. It has all niceties a person would normally want in a high end 1911, without being excessive. But that's just me.

As others have alluded, if you're doing a custom order, you can pick just about any model as a base and add/delete features.

Good luck, and have fun. In a lot of ways, this is the most exciting part about getting a new 1911 -- deciding which one to get.

k38 and JM44 like this.
  14. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    Has anyone seen the new Super Hunter model ??
    Available at TTT, no FFL required !
    Order now so Kippy and I can catch the damn thing
    Send cash.
    8CF340CA-BB88-47AA-A5E6-E7D5DB47A31E.jpeg

Mike Meints, B81, JM44 and 1 other person like this.
  15. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    get together with one of our NHC dealers. go over your list of wants, needs,options. pick a gun with their help and get a nice addicts discount to boot

cgff and JM44 like this.
  16. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    I favor the talon and warhawk over the falcon...but thats just my taste

JM44 likes this.
  17. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    I have 3, all full size .45s but different models. I like my Falcon the best.

IMG_2467 (2).jpg

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    1L26, duketbrd88, Glock2740 and 4 others like this.
  18. JM44

Feb 2, 2018
    Thanks boatdoc. Still kicking myself for not acquiring a new talon that was on here a while ago. Will definitely be going through a sponsor unless your buddy Tyler wants to procure one for me LOL

boatdoc likes this.
  19. JM44

Feb 2, 2018
    Tac - we need you to migrate up to Long Island sound this summer to take care of some sea gulls. Will send cash

boatdoc and tac45 like this.
  20. Thwap

Thwap Member

Apr 6, 2019
    Yeah, I've got a WC EDC on order now, as soon as that's done, it's a Firehawk for me.
    I'm hoping I can get it in a double stack.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted