close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Which one do you miss the most?

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by SkDmRkLcY, Sep 1, 2011.

1. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Ever let one get away that you regret now?

I do a lot of trading/selling/loosing money and the only one I really think I should have kept was my Springfield TRP.

Just a good well made gun.

How about you?

2. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Yep,......about five years ago I picked up a Les Baer TRS.
    It had been hard chromed AND bobtailed by Virgil Tripp.

I traded it off when I get into bolt rifles.

3. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Honestly, out of all the ones I have sold I miss my CDP Pro II the most...

4. Jim S.

Jim S. Evil Capt. Kirk from G.T.

Aug 25, 2011
    I'll bet that one still bothers you.
    I don't think I would have done that one.

5. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    I've kicked myself in the nards a few times.
    Oh well, it could be done again, but I got a smokin deal on it when I bought it.
    $1250 cash, and I had all the paperwork for it.

6. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    if Trent doesn't buy my TRP, i'll trade you for the Baer :eyebrows:

7. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    The one I regret selling is my SA Mil-Spec. It was my first 1911 and although I own higher end guns now, its what got me started in the right direction. Even though it was my first, I studied everything in detail, did some modifications to it and I never once had a single issue. The drop-in bevaertail is kinda gaudy but it worked for me at the time when I had no jig and very little gunsmithing tools. The Houge rubber grips would be gone by now as well since I got past that stage too. If I could track it down and the current owner didn't ruin it, I'd buy it back as quickly as I could. Hell, even if they ruined it I would buy it back and restore it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Serial number was photo shopped over long ago. :lol: I did strip some parts off it before trading it in which I've either passed down to my Regent or have sitting in my parts bin.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  8. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    G19. The first gun i ever owned. My dad bought it for me on my 18th bday. I sold it when i was 21 to fund a G22, boy was i dumb!! I know their a dime a dozen, but i would give a lot more than $500 to have that one back!!

9. bac1023

bac1023 1911 Collector Moderator

Aug 15, 2011
    I believe I remember that one, Greg.

10. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I bet yours has an unfinished trigger though :p

11. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    I have not regretted selling any 1911. I have regretted selling a few Glock 19s though. And then I always end up buying one back.

12. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    I sold a basic 870 to a friend recently. He wanted it more than I did, and will probably use it more. I felt okay about it because if there's ever an easy gun to talk oneself into buying a replacement, it's that one. :lol:

Andy

13. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    This is why my Glock 19 EXO is not going to be sold... I will just buy another one at some point.. horrible cycle.

14. wade-19

wade-19 Global Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Aug 17, 2011
    Yep, every time I sell a G-19, I end up with another.

15. 50GI-Jess

50GI-Jess Member

Aug 24, 2011
    My biggest mistake, was selling a second generation (1937) Colt SAA 7 1/2" blued in 45 Colt. It just had "the" thing about it, and was in 95% condition.

16. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Threads like these that make me hold on to my Glock 17 Gen4 which was my first ever real handgun. I had owned 22lr hand gun for a while but the Glock was first one I got my self in a real caliber. I know the moment I sell it I regret it even thought its taken a decent amount of trouble shooting and money to get running 100%.

17. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I do miss my first hand-gun as well, but I would never buy another.

It was a Arcus 94. Browning Hi-Power clone, I need another Hi-Power at some point.

18. jst1tym

jst1tym What No Delete Button? Supporting Addict

Aug 23, 2011
    I had a absolutely LNIB 4" Nickle Colt Diamondback .22. As it just sat around doing nothing, I shot it once a few times and went out and purchased another mint one blued to use as a shooter because I just couldn't bear shooting the nickle one, plus it cost me an arm and a leg. Sadly, I ended up selling both and buying a Ruger MkIII instead to shoot. Boy, it was hard to sell the nickle Diamondback, In the end I just had too damn many guns and wouldn't have shot them anyway :lol:

Cool, I found an old picture on an extinct Photobucket account that I thought went extinct since I switched to Zenfolio. Even taken with my Canon Powershot A710...Oh yea, those tiny spots are raindrops..
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  19. Rinspeed

Rinspeed Member

Aug 22, 2011
  20. Magus

Magus New Member

Aug 20, 2011
    I regret pretty much everything I've ever traded or sold out....but made sense at the time.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted