1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Grip Maker and FFL Dealer
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for a new gun to use as a “jack of all” kind of thing. Something I won’t care to use and just shoot the hell out of. I really like the 4”(ish) barrel size. I’ve got a sage full of full size guns and I’ve got a P365 that’s my CCW gun. I’d like an in-between size now. Bear with me because my thought process is a little bit erratic here, but hopefully you can see where I’m going with this.

Option 1: Glock Gen5 MOS with an RMR, suppressor sights, and light. This is like the ultimate “cool guy” setup, especially if you watch a lot of YouTube videos. Obviously the most expensive option at around $1100 from what I’ve priced. But it gives the Glock a little personality and they’re pretty sharp to look at too.

Option 3: Sig P320 RX Compact. This is kind of like the cheaper, not as cool, setup as the Glock above, but still something more unique than a plain old P320. With the Sig Romeo red dot and and a light would put this gun at about $750.

Option 3: Sig P229 police trade-in in 357 Sig. Mostly made the list because of the crazy good pricing and I do love the feel of the P229. My father in law just got one and it looks hardly used at all. Zero carry wear anywhere on the gun and he paid $350 OTD for the gun and one mag! So while I’m not particularly looking for a 357 Sig, I do already happen to have the reloading dies and I’ve got a ton of 40 brass that I can reform to 357 Sig so I’m pretty much set up already. So a gun and a light would be somewhere around $450 total.

So I’ve got some kind of crazy options here, but hopefully you can see what I’m talking about and maybe give me your thoughts on what you would choose and why. Thanks!

·
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or maybe a fourth option would be one of the new 2020 VP9 models. Supposedly this year they are all going come standard with the slide milled for optic mounting and also come with 17 round mags instead of 15 rounders that they've been coming out with. I'm not sure on pricing yet though.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Of those listed I prefer the P320. For your intended use, I think the P229 is too heavy and large, or at least it was for me. For my "midsize" option, I really like my optics ready CZ P10S. It is small enough that I still carry it, and still feels more substantial than my P365.

Edit, I miss read the carry intention. If that is not a concern, I still vote P320

·
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess maybe he P10C Optics Ready might be worth a look too. I'd rather stick with the 4" barrel size guns than sub-compacts. Thanks!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I’ve had all of those—in different variants. Personally, I was really impressed with the P320 for the money. Great shooter for the price.

·
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ve had all of those—in different variants. Personally, I was really impressed with the P320 for the money. Great shooter for the price.
They just look a little funky to me. It's like the high bore axis thing but there's also some kind of weird balance thing going from the looks. Like there's not even slide off the back side of the grip or something. Or like there's too much slide pushed forward of the grip maybe.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
You forgot about the Walther PPQ. These really do have an outstanding trigger right from the factory. I have several, including a Q4 Tac with an optic and a compensator. That's a do all pistol!
Jeff
67324497-9A8D-4C9D-9691-C406F59EE587.jpeg

·
Registered
563 Posts
I guess maybe he P10C Optics Ready might be worth a look too. I'd rather stick with the 4" barrel size guns than sub-compacts. Thanks!
I have recently become a huge CZ fan. The barrel length of the optics ready P10C is 4" and the P10F is 4.5".

·
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You forgot about the Walther PPQ. These really do have an outstanding trigger right from the factory. I have several, including a Q4 Tac with an optic and a compensator. That's a do all pistol!
Jeff View attachment 396029
I had a bad experience with a Walther P99QA one time and I swore I’d never buy another.

·
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have recently become a huge CZ fan. The barrel length of the optics ready P10C is 4" and the P10F is 4.5".
I did a little research and I can get a Gen 5 MOS G19 for $10 more than a P10C OR so I’d most likely go with the Glock due to the much larger aftermarket support.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Unless you have already handled a CZ, I would recommend doing so before buying the G19. CZ's ergonomics make it very popular. I don't have a P10C but I do have a P-01 and a Shadow 2. I also have a Gen 4 G19 and the CZs fit my hand much better.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I would buy the gun and have someone mill the slide. I have a few guns with plate systems and if I ha to o it over again I would have just milled the slide for an optic.

FYI - MOS glock will not come with correct screws for a trijicon

·
Your ad goes here for $20/month or $200/year
385 Posts
Jeff View attachment 396029
and you can get one in the forums with 5 mags at a great price! Hint hint wink wink

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
CZ P01 Omega.

Reactions: deadguy

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
With Glock I’d recommend looking at the G45 mos. instead of the 19.

A pistol already to roll would be the FN 509 tactical just buy the optic, has the plates and all
Suppressor sights and threaded barrel, Not as mainstream as the others.

I think the 509 mid size also is available milled with plates but have not seen many on the range Set up yet.

Shot show is here, Lots of rumors of some neat products becoming available?

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
My vote for plastic would be, the Sig. P250.
I know the P320 is out, but when you shoot
a Hammer Vrs. Striker fired pistol. U will see Y.

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
I didn't have any good luck and didn't like my 320 from the time I got it. I had several things go wrong with mine so it's gonnnne!

One guy is right the Sig is heavy but what a great firearm. And 357 Sig has always been my favorite cartridge of all ever since they came out.

But my opinion if they make one right for you, is that you just can not beat an HK, no matter how hard you try. It sounds like the HK P2000 would be right up your alley. I have several and they're awesome! The USP C is great also, just a little heavier.

Adam, if your still into AR's, PM me sometime.

Jim D. - BCD 45

·
shooter of guns, petter of dogs
273 Posts
May get flamed for this, but Sig over Glock any day for me. I have owned both, and the Sig was by far my favorite.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts