1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to fit a long length solid aluminum trigger with a curved profile to my Gunsite. Is there one recommended more than others?

I like the look of the solid, the factory short however is just too short for my tastes, all my 1911s have always had the long version and it works best for me. Thanks!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I like Harrison parts
I do too. But as a watch out, Harrison triggers have bows that are just a tiny bit long - I think that's to reduce take-up. But with certain sear/disconnectors that little bit of length could be a little bit too much and allow the sear to not catch the hammer. Always function test and check.

Reactions: ccssid

·
Registered
239 Posts
I’ve been partial to Greider triggers of late. The shoe is .920” from the factory and is easily fitted down. I’ve had great luck with Brown triggers, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Blossoming Addict
446 Posts
+1 for Harrison. That’s what I am going to be fitting in my gunsite commander in the near future. I use his triggers in all my 1911’s.

·
Registered
6,034 Posts
I’ve used the Wilson Ultralight in my last couple builds. It’s a nicely finished trigger and easier to fit then an EGW.

The Harrison trigger is nice also. It just requires more fitting.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My friendly neighborhood 'smith has a new in the bag Brown ready to go. He's off for a couple of days and decided to take advantage of his offer of the trigger/fitting. I'll post a pic when we do the swap, thanks for all the suggestions.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I’ve used the Wilson Ultralight in my last couple builds. It’s a nicely finished trigger and easier to fit then an EGW.

The Harrison trigger is nice also. It just requires more fitting.
Agree all above are great triggers.
I've also have gone to using Wilsons because they are easier to fit and I like the feel slightly better on the face of the trigger.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Greider.
Long, medium, and short on the original Videki jigs. As good as anyone's and less expensive..

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
I've had best success with Grieder (used a bunch) and Ed Brown (admittedly used a couple times to Grieders being outta stock) The C&S triggers also have a longer bow which I don't need. Only used the Wilson one time but was simple. Never used the Harrison or EGW, just had such good success with Grieders, not saying the 2 mentioned aren't great parts, but at 30% less, for me, its Grieder all day. Just my .02

1 - 16 of 16 Posts