1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Which trigger should I put into the vintage/modern Phineas C. Zoid 1911 build?

• Modern Long Serrated Face Trigger

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Vintage Short Checkered Face Trigger

Votes: 9 60.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, I thought I knew which trigger I was going to put into the Phineas build, but @wcanterbury just sent me one in a parts lot I bought from him that I think might be worthy of the build. It couldn't be any more different than the one I had already settled on, so I thought I would ask the Addicts . . . . . which trigger should I use?

(I started this thread because the decision is worthy of a poll - hell, this site NEEDS more polls - like Tacos or Burritos . . . .)

• The Modern Long Serrated Trigger?
  • The Vintage Short Checkered Trigger?
If my research is correct, the short trigger just might predate the slide, which was made in 1927 . . . . .

This build really will be a fusion of vintage and modern . . . . anyway, onto the pichers . . . .

Reactions: nmbuzz

·
Livin Large
1,910 Posts
Are you going to take pictures of it or pull on it when you want your pistol to shoot? And then consistently be able to make the shot break when you need it to. When our fat fingers are all over em, no one can see em. So what are the perameters.? Form or function? You can have both you know. My opinion is the interaction with the hammer sears is the important part.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where was the option for flat?
If you send me one, I'll add it to the poll!

I'm only ordering parts I don't have on hand for the first incarnation of this build. I had one trigger (the long one) until Wcanterbury made my decision more difficult.

Send me a flat trigger and really screw up my head . . . :roll:

Reactions: azpoolguy

·
Cranky old curmudgeon
1,652 Posts
I install, or pay to have installed on 80 series, long reach solid triggers. I just like 'em better. I never really thought I had big hands. Big palms with sausage fingers. Long reach trigger just feels best.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I like the look of the Short Checkered Trigger but I like long triggers on my guns.

Reactions: Mike A and TomaHawk

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,492 Posts
I like the look of the Short Checkered Trigger but I like long triggers on my guns.
Same here. I like the look of the shorter trigger , but prefer to shoot long triggers. In my opinion a long flat trigger just doesn't look right . medium or shorter.

That said I voted for the short trigger.

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,492 Posts
I do have one gun with a medium flat trigger and I am thinking of replacing it with a long flat skeletonized triggers. If I recall correct, were you looking at a series 70 platform Zoid? I think solid is the only way to go on that .

If you make the trigger pull light enough it won't matter how long the reach. You'll think bang and it will fire.

I had one like that and it scared the crap out of me. But I was darned accurate

1 - 19 of 19 Posts