1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
NHC Falcon, SS Heinie and T4 all 45 acp Wilson EDC-X9
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were looking for a Vbob would you chose stainless or duty finish and why? I currently own all Dan Wesson’s with the duty treatment and one Ed Brown Kobra Carry with cerakote. I’d love to have an Ed Brown EVO and I know there’s one for sale but I’m waiting for the 2 guns that I’m selling to be paid for on Friday and if it’s not there well I’m looking for a backup plan. Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
If you were looking for a Vbob would you chose stainless or duty finish and why? I currently own all Dan Wesson’s with the duty treatment and one Ed Brown Kobra Carry with cerakote. I’d love to have an Ed Brown EVO and I know there’s one for sale but I’m waiting for the 2 guns that I’m selling to be paid for on Friday and if it’s not there well I’m looking for a backup plan. Thanks for the input.
Maybe that's not your only choice.... just sayin.

IMG_2551 (2).jpg
IMG_2547 (2).jpg

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I bought 2 V-Bobs about a year ago. One DT and the other is stainless. Have only shot the Duty Treat. Have decided to keep the DT and will sell the unfired stainless at some point. Both are nice pistols. I have several 1911s in both black and stainless. Just my personal preference at the time.
Either will serve you well.

·
Administrator
8,052 Posts
I personally go with stainless do to the fact that I like to make changes to them. If you buy it in duty treat pretty much what you see is what your options are. Most smiths won’t work on duty treat guns do to the fact that the treatment hardens the steel to a point that makes it very hard on tooling.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,024 Posts
DW stainless is pretty, go stainless

·
Premium Member
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought 2 V-Bobs about a year ago. One DT and the other is stainless. Have only shot the Duty Treat. Have decided to keep the DT and will sell the unfired stainless at some point. Both are nice pistols. I have several 1911s in both black and stainless. Just my personal preference at the time.
Either will serve you well.

Is yours 9mm or 45acp?

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
I’d vote stainless also. For all the reasons @WWB stated as well as DT being susceptible to clouding if you accidentally apply the wrong lubricant/ cleaning fluid. I have several guns treated with these finishes but will likely avoid purchasing more.

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
Collector,
How do you remember all the builds you and Mrs. Collector have being built from the ones you already have and the one she doesn’t know about........... just envy.
Here's my secret....... don't try to hide ANYHTING from Mrs. C. and its all good.
Keep one little secret from her and you might as well cut your own throat.

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,058 Posts
Have two DT and one SS VBobs.
If you are happy with the gun an do not intend
To customize your Vbob then Duty treat it.
If however you think you will make cosmetic changes to the gun then Stainless is the answer!

Reactions: Greg M.

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I’m not looking for cosmetics just I know the stainless is good looking but I’m kinda partial to the black ones haha.

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
I've been told that I sometimes don't think anywhere near the box... let alone inside of it. :confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've been told that I sometimes don't think anywhere near the box... let alone inside of it. :confused::confused:

If you got something in mind you know I trust your judgment just shoot me a message haha

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have a duty treat VBob — shoots great and I like the looks

I just picked up a stainless CBob — the price was right and I want to “tinker” with it

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,024 Posts
Not a vbob but a cbob, tuned by the Dan Wesson Custom shop.

Classic CBOB_38S.jpg

1 - 20 of 22 Posts