1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to find someone who can customize my Nighthawk GRP Recon Double Stack. I would like to have the slide milled for an Aimpoint Acro P-1 red dot. I would also like to add suppressor height sights and a threaded barrel. I've checked with several gun makers ... Wilson said they can't add sights because the dovetails are different than theirs. Let Baer and Ed Brown said they don't offer suppressor sights. Nighthawk hasn't responded. I live in Colorado but I can ship out of state for the right gunsmith. Do any of you Addicts have recommendations? Thank you!!!

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Reactions: Terry Ewald

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,004 Posts
Yup, NHC with their IOS or Chambers. Either one will be perfect.
I have a NHC Falcon DS with the IOS and love it.

Reactions: Terry Ewald

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
I don't know, that's why I said to contact Henie sights. They have been around forever.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I would like to find someone who can customize my Nighthawk GRP Recon Double Stack. I would like to have the slide milled for an Aimpoint Acro P-1 red dot. I would also like to add suppressor height sights and a threaded barrel. I've checked with several gun makers ... Wilson said they can't add sights because the dovetails are different than theirs. Let Baer and Ed Brown said they don't offer suppressor sights. Nighthawk hasn't responded. I live in Colorado but I can ship out of state for the right gunsmith. Do any of you Addicts have recommendations? Thank you!!!
Good evening @Terry Ewald, I’ve been out to the SHOT Show and have had limited time to go through my emails. Your email request for this custom work should have been forwarded to me. If so I’ll try to get back with you after I get back to the office.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good evening @Terry Ewald, I’ve been out to the SHOT Show and have had limited time to go through my emails. Your email request for this custom work should have been forwarded to me. If so I’ll try to get back with you after I get back to the office.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's great. I actually found the page on your IOS options and I sent in another request to the correct email address I believe.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Is it a nitride finish? I thought you couldn't work on a nitrided part because of the hardness, if it is has the nitride finish? So I was told or read it somewhere, can't remember.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
I guess I’m an oddity these days. I’m not very old compared to some members here but still prefer to call and talk to some one on the phone then send emails and hope they get to the correct spot.

Bob at Nighthawk was very nice to talk to when I had questions about gunsmith parts and the IOS optic cut.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts