Who has a M&P 380 EZ in their home?

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by tarosean, Jan 10, 2019.

1. tarosean

tarosean Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2013
    My wife is really interested in this gun. Her arthritis is starting to make her G19 not work for her.

Anyone/spouse/significant other, care to give a review?

2. fieldgrade

fieldgrade resident crank

Mar 13, 2017
    I don't own that particular S&W 380, but have owned a bunch of wee .380's, and also some small 9's (and a G19)

Beware that you are dropping from a 21 oz gun empty to an 18oz gun, and the difference in weight will be even greater when both guns are fully loaded, so the reduced recoil from 380 will be somewhat negated when shooting it in a lighter gun.

3. TonyDUSMC

TonyDUSMC Member

Dec 8, 2018
    Don’t own one myself but both my wife and I fired one at the range I go to and was not as snappy as other .380’s. It was specifically designed for weak and small hands. It was easy to rack. I say that’s a perfect choice.

limbkiller likes this.
  4. hks1911

hks1911 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2018
    I sell tons of those for the specific reasons you have mentioned. Great light slide action, and really low recoil. Shoots straight as well.

Really good design for those with low finger/hand strength.

5. 1911 dawg

1911 dawg Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2018
    S & W hit a home run with this . I bought one for my youngest daughter and she loves it. I like it myself. Like it's name everything is EZ .

tarosean likes this.
  6. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    My dad bought one a few months ago because his grip isn't what it used to be and he's having trouble racking slides now. I haven't shot it but I have checked it out and it's pretty neat, definitely lives up to the advertising, it's very easy to rack, fits nicely in the hand, and points naturally. I found it interesting that the sides of the slide are flared at the back where the serrations end, giving you something to pull on when racking the slide. I may order one for my wife if dad's turns out to be a good shooter.

[​IMG]

7. Spokes

Spokes Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 18, 2011
    Bought one for Sheila for her birthday. She has R.A. and lots of problems with her hands.
    She really likes her EZ 380. She tolerates the recoil and the slide is easy for her to rack..
    The only problem she has is in depressing the grip safety...

tarosean and gps man like this.
  8. tarosean

tarosean Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted