1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Since the recent craziness, I've broken out several holsters and been carrying my standard government model 1911. I've used this time to try different holsters and get used to carrying. I carry mostly in a IWB concealed holster. Typically at the 4 o'clock position. Overall I've found the full size to be ok to carry every day, but not really comfortable.

For the guys that carry the 5", what is your experience? Do you find it comfortable? I'm thinking of switching to a Combat Commander or Sig C3, but they're not really that much smaller. Just wondering what your experiences are and tips you have. Thanks!!

Sig Sauer C3.jpg
randall3.jpg
image10.jpeg

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I carry a DW Valor 10mm Government model every day. Rain, shine, heat or cold. Every day! No exceptions. I carry it in a Milt Sparks Criterion and really it's a piece of cake to carry. I do carry an extra magazine in a Tucker single or double depending on where I'm going or what I'm doing. Most days it just goes in the mag pocked in my 5.11s or Vertx jeans.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've carried a full size 1911 more than anything else. I have a good belt and for now carry outside the waist band and after a half hour I forget it's on. Been thinking about inside the waist ban for the summer and may also go 10mm in a full size 1911 as well

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts
Carry a full size BEC Springfield Daily. This pretty much is my EDC at the moment. Been this way for quite some time.

Trying out the Wilson behind the grip magwell until I can get Lou to do one for me. Works for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
We Are!
2,680 Posts
My recent change to a work-from-home environment during the current “situation” has turned me into a full-time 1911 carrier. I’ve almost always carried one on weekends and during off-time for years, and had often surmised that I’d carry one full-time if my work environment changed...and, here I am.

IWB has been my favorite 1911 carry-method and, if anything, that’s only been reinforced over the last few weeks. I primarily use a Bruce Nelson Combat Leather Summer Special (I have both an original and the Erik Little new production models) or a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2. I carry at least one and often two spare magazines via either Sparks IWB magazines pouches or Galco OWB pouches. I also use a sturdy leather gunbelt from A & G Custom Gunleather. I have some Avenger-style OWB holsters if I feel the urge to go that route. I’m carrying a five-inch steel-framed 1911 of one make or another.

Security / fitment / comfort have continued to prove themselves top-notch for me with this leathergear. I’m typically carrying a 1911 anywhere from 8 to 16 hours a day, 7 days a week.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
You need to find a holster that fits YOU. I went through a bunch till I got a 5 Shot IBS. The right holster and belt makes a world of difference.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Guys,

Since the recent craziness, I've broken out several holsters and been carrying my standard government model 1911. I've used this time to try different holsters and get used to carrying. I carry mostly in a IWB concealed holster. Typically at the 4 o'clock position. Overall I've found the full size to be ok to carry every day, but not really comfortable.

For the guys that carry the 5", what is your experience? Do you find it comfortable? I'm thinking of switching to a Combat Commander or Sig C3, but they're not really that much smaller. Just wondering what your experiences are and tips you have. Thanks!!

View attachment 460509 View attachment 460511 View attachment 460513
In the cooler and cold months I carry a full size 1911, in the hot months I carry a Springfield XDS 45 or a Ruger Sp-101 depending on how I dress. If I'm dressed like a slob the 357 just goes in my pocket. The others are always holstered.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I carry a full size Colt in a Bianchi Askins Avenger holster of which I have left and right hand models . I practice shooting with my left hand just as much as my right maybe more and carry both guns in the holsters when I go out to practice and sometimes when collecting money or going to the bank .

I can do most of my landscaping work comfortably with with a full size gun and that holster unless I have elevated tree work to do that requires me to put on my saddle , climbing spikes and hang from a rope with a chainsaw then the gun has to stay in the truck .

But hey Im as deadly with a saw as I am with the gun in close quarters LOL

·
I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a 1911 today
3,126 Posts

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Additionally,

I use a Beltman belt that is my everyday belt for the most part but I recently bought a Tucker Gunleather Ranger style belt with the State of Texas 4 piece buckle set that is very cool. Both belts can handle either of my 1911 10mm with ease.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts