1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking of having my Colt Gunsite refinished in Ionbond DLC. It’s my main carry gun though I have others to take its place while being refinished.

The big question is who to do it? I also want to have an Ed Brown safety fit/refinished at the same time. What kind of wait time should I expect?

The last gun I had refinished was 14 years ago by Birdsong in Black T. Just under two weeks from shipped to receipt back.

Thanks for any suggestions

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts
Evolution Armory is an Ionbond agent, they can fix you up. I believe they have prices listed on their website.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Black T job was great, looked awesome and help up very well. It was a Colt 5” that I sold to buy my first Baer.

I talked with Walter Birdsong a couple times about the work and when it was completed. I don’t know anything about the company now that he’s passed.

I have had two recent Springfield pistols that came from the factory with the finish and they held up well also.

·
Premium Member
8,123 Posts
I’m thinking of having my Colt Gunsite refinished in Ionbond DLC. It’s my main carry gun though I have others to take its place while being refinished.
The big question is who to do it? I also want to have an Ed Brown safety fit/refinished at the same time. What kind of wait time should I expect?
The last gun I had refinished was 14 years ago by Birdsong in Black T. Just under two weeks from shipped to receipt back.
Thanks for any suggestions
I suggest you reach out to @Steve Owens
He has done several for ADDICTS here. In fact he's got one of mine for DLC in his shop as I type.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.