Who's been shooting lately?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PSLMAN, Dec 10, 2011.

1. PSLMAN

PSLMAN New Member

Dec 3, 2011
    I desperately need some trigger time but the schedule won't allow it right now so I was wondering who here has gotten some recent range time. I figure since I can't go maybe hearing your stories will help soothe the nerves. :biggrin1:

2. cdunn

cdunn Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Nov 20, 2011
    I went thursday,I've been shooting a wide range of things,p226,p245,cougar,m&p 9c,sig pro, glock 22, I keep trying to find something I like as much as my grp and its not happening so I guess I'll stop wasting time and stick to my grp.
    [​IMG]

3. PSLMAN

PSLMAN New Member

Dec 3, 2011
    I can see why you like shooting it so much, that's a sweet looking setup you have there!

4. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    I shoot most every week at the Sevier Indoor Range.. Started shooting my 9mm SA last summer just for something different and recently picked up a Colt 6450 carbine. I've been shooting it for a few weeks now. Sometimes I miss a week and sometimes I go twice a week.. Got to run a full auto belt-fed .22 AR recently.. Ron

5. bw210

bw210 Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Our indoor ranges around here suck and are way over-priced to use. I shoot on a couple private properties year long, but unfortunately, I shoot where I hunt... so no target shooting for about three months. About the only thing I've been shooting is curious looks as to where are all the deer?

6. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Push to test, release to detonate

Aug 17, 2011
    last time I went out, was to shoot for the contest.. that was what back in October?

7. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    http://www.1911addicts.com/showthread.php?2077-TSiWRX-needs-a-1911.

^ Quack was again super-generous, and allowed me to shoot several of his really nice (to put it as an absolute MidWestern understatement) pistols.

I then went back to the same indoor range this past Tuesday, to run a few hundred rounds through both my carry (XDm9 3.8 Compact) as well as its range/class doppelganger after Don performed trigger jobs on them, so that I could get used to the new trigger.

Winter is when I'll focus on the very basics of pistol marksmanship, given that the indoor range I frequent does not allow movement. In the spring-to-fall months, I'm usually shooting exclusively in training classes, and focusing on movement and other dynamic skills.

Pretty boring in the winter, but one thing I learned from grade-school is that you've gotta do your homework, if you expect to get ahead. :smile:

Truthfully, I find the homework time pretty boring and dry, but various printed drills at least keeps me from not going. I actually have much more fun with various draw, movement, and other dry-fire practice at home, and am looking to add laser-based training to the regimen, to further liven things up.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  8. Gress

Gress Don't need no education Supporting Addict

Nov 21, 2011
    I go once a week on average. Mostly splitting range time between my TRS and Guncrafter. Lately I am working on Ultra II reliability, so she is the lucky one to go with me :lol:

9. dirty barrel

dirty barrel ( . Y . )

Oct 30, 2011
    I shot a few hundred rounds of 9mm and a couple hundred rounds of .22lr last night. I try and get to the range at least twice a week.

10. Cigarhead

Cigarhead Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    I took my little pocket guns out for some range time, while my arm finishes healing.

[​IMG]

24 feet with that P238 extreme. it out shop my LC9 and my Kahr PM9. I know the round is smaller but just as deadly if properly used. to that flyer you see was a double tap gone wrong. But if that was some dudes gutI think I would be just fine.

11. PSLMAN

PSLMAN New Member

Dec 3, 2011
    I don't get to shoot nearly often enough. The two official ranges are a two hour drive away and I always seem to be too busy most of the time. Shooting, like any other fun activity, has to be scheduled well in advance. I can shoot here on my property but the old couple beside me always freak out and call the cops.

12. nomad

nomad Active Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Thought that said Senior indoor range when I first read it, Guess I should put my glasses on. :lol:

13. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    I normally take the afternoon off and leave work early, stop by home 15mi. and on to the range an additional 20mi. That way I get home about the same time as I normally do.. Ron

14. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    So who gives a crap if they call the cops. If your legal just shoot. Had the cops called when I was butchering some deer by a lady who cut hair 2 houses down. They came and I was legal. Cop told her that and that ended it. I don't care about neighbors complaining as long as I'm legal. F-em

15. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
  16. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    I went to the range on Thursday with Hokie. I installed 10-8 sights on his Glocks, and I practiced on 1 hand shooting that day.
    The week before that i went shooting with TSiWRX, shot my Nastoff built Colt and then worked on transitioning from target to target (with my carry gun).

If you can't make it to the range, dry fire, practice drawing, mag reloads, or any other gun handling skill.

+1

17. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Just went Thursday. And that was to test out my new GSG1911-22. That was a blast. Put 200 rounds thru her. And then went to my 45 Remsport build. Boy that thing kicks like a horse. It's actually not that bad, but transitioning from 22's to 45's is a big jump. :lol:

18. Wetrudgeon

Wetrudgeon New Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Went today. Nice weather and a good time.

We trudge on.

19. PSLMAN

PSLMAN New Member

Dec 3, 2011
    I stepped out in the backyard today and put four rounds through my Rock Island Armory 9mm. I tried the same number of Silver Bear the other day and the slide failed to lock open after the last round leading me to think it may have an issue. Today I used my handloads and all is fine. I loaded them two by two and the slide locked open after the last round each time.

20. Cigarhead

Cigarhead Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    I tried again twice a week every week. Just not getting back to it and, have missed it.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted