1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Faith Hill maybe? or better yet Taylor Swift, hear she's single again, Quack..........:lol:

You should take Taylor shootin' and show her your..."crosshairs".........

tw

·
Registered
676 Posts
AND....have her give you a "reticle" exam after you shoot some boolits.........

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am technically in the Nashville area - Houston County, that borders on the East side of LBL -
But I avoid Nashville if at all possible. Used to commute through there once a week, sometimes on the bike, and the idea of thousands of cars all going 70 MPH with about four feet between bumpers is a bit too hair raising for my taste.
I live in the TOOLIES, with miles of armed hillbillies all around me, none of who has any love for the fed. Gives me a nice secure feeling.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Used to commute through there once a week, sometimes on the bike, and the idea of thousands of cars all going 70 MPH with about four feet between bumpers is a bit too hair raising for my taste.
Funny you should say that Terry. I lived in Nashville for several years on the east side of town and I worked about a mile from the house. I rode a motorcycle to work every day. Then they build a new Reserve Center over on the west side and it was about a 20 mile Interstate ride twice a day. I still rode the motorcycle every day until I almost got hit four times in one day. The next day I put the bike up for sale and have not been back on one since and that was in the early 80s.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Funny you should say that Terry. I lived in Nashville for several years on the east side of town and I worked about a mile from the house. I rode a motorcycle to work every day. Then they build a new Reserve Center over on the west side and it was about a 20 mile Interstate ride twice a day. I still rode the motorcycle every day until I almost got hit four times in one day. The next day I put the bike up for sale and have not been back on one since and that was in the early 80s.
I dearly loved the bike, and so did Judy, my better half. We both thought our kids were our first responsibility, so we did not get a bike until they were both grown, married and settled financially before we bought one. We owned it ten years, and 90% of the 35,000 miles we put on it was both on it taking trips - we have been from Louisiana to Illinois, and from Key West Florida to Bangor Main.
Then one day coming home from a trip, the sand caught the front wheel in our driveway and I dumped it with both of us and all our luggage on it - well over half a ton - and it slid over my ankle, giving me a severe fracture. The following MONTHS of wheelchair, crutches and cane impressed the fact upon me that we could STILL become a burden to our kids simply by becoming invalids, so we sold it.
Today, when we are cruising down the highway in climate controlled comfort and we see someone on two wheels, I get a pang in my chest remembering those glorious days. But then a cloud rolls in and a torrent of rain, sleet, hail or snow hits and we see all those folks holed up under an overpass and the pang goes away.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not much going on in TN on this forum. I joined a little over a month ago when I got back into 1911's. I don't live in Nashville but one son lives in Hendersonville. The other in West Nashville. Had 2 grandsons there until they went off to college. The grandaughter is still there for the time being. Probably will leave when she graduates HS.

After 20+ years of driving to Nashville from Alamo, TN, to see the rest of the family I feel almost like a resident anyway.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts