Why do I go to gunbroker when I am broke?

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by gajones06, Dec 11, 2011.

1. gajones06

gajones06 Member

Nov 26, 2011
    So I found an iAi/AMT hardballer 7inch 1911 clone. I wish these where more readily available...I want a long slide 1911really bad and I think the 7 inch would be awesome. Anyone have any experience? Anyone know of anyone who wants to sell one? I read their QC was hit or miss but I will take that chance for a 7 inch 1911...

2. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    I have had 2 come through the store that I work at and I hate to tell you this BUT...save your money!

Both were jam-a-ma tics. Both had serious galling issues as the previous owner(s) never properly lubed the rails.The breech face on one looked like a cheese grater had been used on it to surface it .

A lot of 'smiths won't touch one for various reasons.My advice if you want a longslide 1911,save your money and buy a Les Baer PII or Ultimate Master or for less $$$,find a longslide Springfield like Ron Kokopelli did.

It will save you a bunch of headaches!

Just my.02

DAT85

mikegalway likes this.

3. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    I would opt for a Springfield 6" longslide.. Classic 1911, just 6".. Ron

4. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    I would not buy a Hard Baller unless ir was a ftf deal. A friend has a 6" Hunter,
    he picked it up NIB and unfired. He had never had an issue with his, but it does
    get run VERY wet.

5. 38 Super Fan

38 Super Fan Bass Fishing Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    I admit I would like to own an AMT, not as a shooter, more as kind of a novelty. I like the GC styling, and their stainless originality, I think they were pretty cool, even though they weren't the best 1911s ever made. :wink:

6. gandog56

gandog56 Active Member

Apr 22, 2014
    I don't know. It's sad that a lot more sellers take credit cards on gunauction.com. Every time I pay off the credit cards, something new gets my fancy.

And I end up screaming "CHARGE IT"!

7. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    A shooting buddy had one of these jamatics . No one would work on it . I heard the galling came from the grade of stainless they used .

8. cwo4uscgret

cwo4uscgret Active Member

Jun 16, 2013
    Well there's always the Springfield imported from Germany Omega in 10 mm:

[​IMG]

Jimhoag likes this.
  9. DM-SC

DM-SC Active Member

Feb 25, 2012
    I actually owned one of those Omega 10mm pistols for a short time. I won it in an American Handgunner prize giveaway. I recall having a hard time selling it back then.

10. dakota1911

dakota1911 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    I actually bought a 5 inch AMT Hardballer in 1984 new for $199. Mine is not horrible, but not real good as in accurate. It is 100% with 230gr FMJ. I bought into lubes with Teflon in them many years ago, so that may have helped it. It got stored for years and when it resurfaced it was old enough to stuff in the shooty collection. It is all original except for the grips. The original rubber wrap arounds smelled really bad so I put Pachmayrs on it back in 84. I recently found the originals and they have outgassed and are still flexible. Need to put them back on and take another picture.

[​IMG]

I almost hate to take this pistol out and shoot it. I get to listen to many unhappy ex-owners recall their experiences when they owned one.

11. Chris Wheeler

Chris Wheeler New Member

Jan 9, 2015
    I have come across one of these AMT Hardballers in 10mm. It's up for trade no cash value. Any ideas of value? It is 5in model not 7. Looks clean. SN starts with J0 if that helps. I can find no info on them.
    Thanks.

12. Oldag

Oldag Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Never have had a problem with my Hardballer (5"). But certainly know that some did.

13. Chris Wheeler

Chris Wheeler New Member

Jan 9, 2015
    image.jpg
    This what he has. No box 1 mag. Looking for trade around $900 value. I like rare but is that value good?

14. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1 Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2011
    Mine was terrible. Purchased it when I believed everything I read in gun rags. An expensive lesson to learn for a semi broke college student.

15. Chris Wheeler

Chris Wheeler New Member

Jan 9, 2015
    All I needed to hear. I go with the Kimber option. Thanks

16. gandog56

gandog56 Active Member

Apr 22, 2014
    My Fusion Firearms longslide.

[​IMG]

Chris Wheeler likes this.
  17. Arkie

Arkie Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Wouldn't have that up my arse if I had room for a steamboat! (The amt,not the fusion!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. Chris Wheeler

Chris Wheeler New Member

Jan 9, 2015
    My thoughts too. Seems they are hit or miss on reliability. My other option is kimber pro carry II. They seem to have no issues. That fusion is very nice!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted