1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For whatever reason I absolutely detest Sig pistols. I’ve tried a P226 and was absurdly inaccurate with it. Then, several years later, my wife bought me a 229 Legion for Christmas. After some research I found that Sig uses a “combat” sight picture (which I think is ridiculous) therefore causing my POI to be lower than my POA (I’m use to the POI being at the top edge of the front sight). I reached out to Sig about getting sights that would adjust the POI, but they told me they had nothing that would raise the POI as much as I wanted. Now it just hangs out in its case with less than 300 rounds through it.

Supposedly my G45 was set up that way (not as extreme), but a taller rear sight remedied the problem.
What other pistols use the combat sight picture?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I’m not a big Sig fan either but used to carry one for almost 20yrs. I went through 3-4 guns during that time, IIRC.

I was part of the training staff during a part of my career and responsible for all firearms related stuff at the field office.

There was a time when a shipment of new P-Series guns came in because pretty much every gun in our agency had cracked frames…practically everyone, literally thousands. Thank God, nothing bad happened to any of our guys because of it, but that’s another story. Anyway as we qual’ed the guys on their new guns, we were surprised that about half of them had combat sights and the other half the traditional top edge of sight POA/POI. Prior to that all our guns only had the traditional top edge POA/POI.

There was no way to tell one from the other without shooting it...which we didn’t have time to do, so we briefed each agent to make sure they checked their gun so they knew which kind of gun they had. Typical GOV SNAFU PIA.

As issued guns, we didn’t have the ability to swap sights, but if it were a personal gun, I‘d just change the sights to an appropriate aftermarket version.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I love the P320, I have 3 of them. Can't speak on the others I haven't owned them but from what I have been told the P320 with an AXG grip is very similar to a 226/229.
I find the AXG and classic P226/229 very similar. When I first held an AXG, I immediately felt like I was holding the next evolution of the Sig P-Series. The plastic grips don’t do that.

Luggage and bags Bag Bumper Musical instrument accessory Technology

·
Registered
76 Posts
I find the AXG and classic P226/229 very similar. When I first held an AXG, I immediately felt like I was holding the next evolution of the Sig P-Series. The plastic grips don’t do that.

View attachment 1052386
I hope they make the AXG for the XTEN but even being plastic I love the XTEN. I have the scorpion myself and a 4.7 full size I built from parts.

·
A meat popsicle I am
1,151 Posts

View attachment 1052386
I hope they make the AXG for the XTEN but even being plastic I love the XTEN. I have the scorpion myself and a 4.7 full size I built from parts.
Here’s the next next gen lol
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
I sold a P220 for the same sight issue you mentioned. I still have two old P models that I love, as is.
It was probably my fault for expecting the P220 to be easily adapted to target shooting. It was an inherently accurate pistol.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts