close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why does the firearms 'world' hate me?

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by 0119, Jun 18, 2017.

1. 0119

0119 Member

Jul 13, 2014
    Even though I had convinced myself that I would continue my NRA membership for its support of the President if not for my low opinion of its top heavy, lack luster effort to support me...... they have now ordered that 1911's cannot be used in something the NRA calls "Carry Guard" classes. Gaston Gluuuck and his dear friend George Saros apparently etching their way into the NRA's inner sanctum. So since the NRA no longer supports my 'firearms world', why do I support them? In effort to find recreation in my 'firearms world' I cruise through thefireamsblog. Just in time to see the owners video announcing the 5 most over rated handguns. His first statement is that he wishes he could just have listed 1. 1911 2. 1911 3. 1911 4. 1911 5. 1911. So I go to the worlds largest 1911 forum just to see its general forum filled, as usual with "I love the 1911, its great for BBQ's but I live by my gluuck" threads. Hey lets try facebook, the worlds most liberal sanctuary! I check out several 1911 owners group pages I belong to. Oh yeah I forgot..... its anything goes tuesday or everything goes sunday or some other millenial tradition. So hundreds of meme's showing rusty 1911s being stomped on by melted framed gluucks and hundreds of 6 day a week 1911 group page members announcing that they secretly only wear, use, and rely on little bitty gluucks or excessively long gluucks stuck down their pants pointing into their testicles. That they really think 1911's are funny pieces of history and those who prefer them are pitiful old men who could not honestly defend themselves. It truly offends me when they with their modern public school taught knowledge, announce they really don't think that the greatest generation was really able to fight for their country using non plastic pistols and rifles weighing over 3lb.s. When I go to the range I'm scorned at by employees who consider me stupid for not shooting gluuck, wearing gluuck t shirts and 511 swat pants all while struggling to find the last inch of clear flesh to paint dragons and devil on to. I gave up on internet morons long ago, even when expecting the peace and fellowship of 1911 purposed groups/pages. But now the NRA penalizes me for my preferred tool of involvement in the firearms world we share? So much for gathering up the troops to battle for our rights. The NRA has dumped me for a younger more tattoo'ed demographic. If it be from print gun media, internet gun media or live in the flesh fellow gun enthusiasts, I have been dumped for an oddly dressed demographic that doesnt have the brains to try to figure out a safety lever.

2. Jollyroger1

Jollyroger1 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 19, 2015
    What's their reasoning behind not allowing 1911's?

Also, may I suggest the best of both worlds? Neither a 1911, nor a Glock. It's Wilson Combats latest, the X9.
    If they consider this a 1911, they're simply confused ;)

IMG_9346.JPG

3. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire Supporting Addict

Apr 12, 2016
    There was an article by the "Tactical Professor" stating he believes it's lack of competency on the instructors part.
    Understandable if all you've ever trained with is striker-fired,be embarrassing as all hell running a class and can't figure out a thumb safety.

4. Ishiwanabe

Ishiwanabe Member

Aug 25, 2016
    Seconding that - the new Tupperware 1911 in the Hudson might confuse the striker-heads, as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    The worlds a screwed up place, stick to your gun !

6. 0119

0119 Member

Jul 13, 2014
    So the NRA's inability to maintain an adequate trainer pool punishes me by removing my choices. Yet another reason not to support an organization that just doesnt seem to be interested in supporting me for being a member, just take my money and run!
    Evolution I guess some would say. We had a new sheriff elected once, his first action being to gather us all together and announce the department had a few dinosaurs that didn't know they were extinct yet. He was going to push the natural order of things along. Didn't win him any loyalty. I guess in the firearms world I'm a dinosaur who doesnt know I'm dead yet. Kinda makes all my hording efforts seem yet somehow even more logical........

7. Fred_G

Fred_G Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Striker fired guns are easier to teach to new shooters. Especially if the instructor is not very competent with the 1911. Plus, with all the varied makers of 1911 guns, they do have a bit of a unreliable reputation.

Striker fired guns have their place. I have one somewhere... 1911 has a place on my hip. :D

8. Jollyroger1

Jollyroger1 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 19, 2015
    Maybe you left it in the dishwasher? ;)

9. Ishiwanabe

Ishiwanabe Member

Aug 25, 2016

https://www.hudsonmfg.com/product/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. mikegalway

mikegalway DILLIGAF Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    Stick to your 1911 . It's been old reliable for over a century . It's one of those things done right the first time . So what if yahoos at your range don't agree . So what if you're not all inked up . You're not in this for them . Besides 1911s I really enjoy shooting my revolvers . No one said anything but "way to go" when I put 50 rounds in the ten ring Saturday . Sounds like your critics need to learn some respect .

11. Zaugau

Zaugau Active Member

Mar 26, 2017
    I saw that tfbtv youtube vid, and was both amused and aggravated. It's kind of a clickbait vid, and I guess part of the point of those is to generate controversy. James seems pretty biased towards polymer striker pistols and carry use. So if it doesnt check both those boxes, it's probably not gonna fare too well with him. So the 1911, hkp7, cz 75, USP, all of which I like, got slammed. I preferred the old vids by Alex C for the content (plenty of milsurps) and style, but gotta admit James can be entertaining.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  12. 0119

0119 Member

Jul 13, 2014
    I'll never give up on what I prefer. Its not that. I'm just voicing my disgust at not just the world but what the pistol fraternity has become. I dont begrudge a tatted millenial but I'm very pissed off that the world seems so begrudging towards me. Its the same way in my other hobby, fishing. Never a more brand boutique obsessed bunch of panty wastes has ever been born in history.

13. mikegalway

Feb 23, 2014
    My indoor range has a training class coming up specifically for 1911s . I overheard one of the trainers telling a new customer it's because almost everyone owns one , most popular design on the planet . A while back one of the employees was out on the firing line with us . I invited him to try my Wilson . He fell in love with it . Then I let him try my S&W Miculek 625 . Same result .

14. mikegalway

Feb 23, 2014
    Sounds like you need new acquaintances . Or thicker skin .

15. azpoolguy

azpoolguy Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Jul 4, 2013
  16. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    I personally could give a flying F%&K what anybody says about anything most of the time. I like what I like in vehicles, homes, clothes, guns, women.......etc and it's a free country so far. Enjoy what ya like and I like being an old curmudgeon anyway. :cool:

17. 0119

0119 Member

Jul 13, 2014
    Don't really have aquaintances. Shoot alone. Do most everything alone. Have very thick skin, learned 3 months into wearing a badge, not to care about what any living soul says or thinks. Many I think are misreading what I wrote. Its merely an observation, not whining. An acknowledgement of sorts, that I have become my father. Just never expected to see those older than me, i.e. the old guard of the NRA, dropping me like a chromoly hot potatoe, for a plastic brick of ****.

18. tarosean

tarosean Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2013
    I always laugh about that kind of statement.. striker fired is 100+, browning action is 100+, double stack is 82ish years old.. even poly dates back 60+ years...

Ironically, if it wasn't for a 1911 or BHP, Block wouldn't exist...
    Seriously, think of how many guns would there be, if the lord thy savior (JMB), didn't exist... ;)

19. tarosean

tarosean Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2013
    ol "dingus" I mean Pincus, must have changed his tune over the years... He was such a staunch supporter of "I hate 1911's" movement. tisk tisk..

20. straitR

straitR Active Member

Nov 26, 2014
    I stopped caring long ago what other people thought about my choices, let alone my gun choices. The NRA's decision to disallow 1911's and revolvers from their Carry Guard program is a huge mistake, as it not only cost them money through limiting the student base to those with certain firearms, but it alienates people who support them financially.

The good news, all I need from the NRA is for them to keep defending and lobbying for 2A, nothing more.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted