why i wont own a glock

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by coltster, Sep 3, 2020.

1. coltster

coltster New Member

Aug 19, 2020
    plastic junk there needs to be a national lawsuit against glock all the people who were killed by this pos, one guy said why do we have glocks here at this police station there cheap is why any fool can shoot one hence another shooting some num nutz pulled the trigger, i will never own one

2. GoetzTalon

GoetzTalon Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Wow none of these have killed anyone. IMG_20200429_175814888.jpg

Dub, Boldkarma, Harleyvato and 17 others like this.

3. DRYHUMOR

DRYHUMOR Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Any gun can kill any one at any time... depending on who is operating it.

If you’ve never owned one, you should get one. Then you can appreciate the trigger on a 1911 even more...

Glocks are are outstanding weapons.

So outstanding, you have absolutely no remorse in potentially giving one up if it was ever used in a self defense shooting.

Not so for the beloved 1911. The thought of your dear 1911 sitting all alone in a dark evidence locker brings stress and anxiety. God forbid Glock owners sneak in and fondle a real gun, it’ll make you cringe.

In all seriousness though, I never liked the pivoting triggers and sold mine off. Other than that, they are solid weapons.

13Ghosts, 5pt56, nikerret and 13 others like this.
  4. Fatbob Frank

Fatbob Frank Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Feb 5, 2014
    I dislike Glocks for a number of reasons but their lethality has nothing to do with it...
    ad5174cee83d5675429def1cb45d4dac.jpg

WNC1911, Dub, Ethanol Red and 34 others like this.
  5. sidewaysil80

sidewaysil80 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 29, 2014
    Troll post or drunk...either way, waste of site resources.

WNC1911, Roundabout, Hammer and 39 others like this.
  6. jakebrake

jakebrake middle aged white guy

Mar 27, 2013
    i won't own another one, either. grip angle sucks, trigger was worse than the m&p (albeit replaceable), sights are craptastic, and, that whole "bullnose= perfection" line of drivel.

more than enough for me.

7. Stogies

Stogies One more please!

Aug 22, 2015
    if_you_drink_dont_post.png

8. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    I love my G43

0901201556c.jpg

salelcid, 5pt56, Rizzo and 21 others like this.
  9. Bugs

Bugs Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Me too. Great carry piece. Who did the stippling?

salelcid, 5pt56, switchback and 5 others like this.
  10. 2tone

2tone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2018
    Bingo! Reliable, affordable, and ugly as hell. I carry a 2011 because it's what I shoot the best, but if I had to pick one gun to turn over for any reason, it would be my Glock, without hesitation.

Would probably be a good idea to master it; it's an easy weapon to replace, all Glocks have the same crunchy bag of Doritos-like trigger, and they're extremely common place - if you can shoot one well, you can shoot them all.

Master a Glock, you'd instantly master any 1911 because it only gets better from there!

Glocks are like that ugly broad that's down to go down w/ you 24/7. You don't really want her, but she's definitely under-appreciated for everything she puts out there. Aaaaand who knows, you might learn a few things?

11. Denver1911

Denver1911 Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Is colster is incapable of not killing himself with a Glock, he should not have one. Good reason IMO. If he is incapable of not killing himself with a Glock, he probably shouldn’t have ANY guns.

12. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    would you mind elaborating a little more upon what led you to these comments I am rather confused at your examples of the Glock being unsafe and unworthy it has been carried by millions of law-enforcement over the last 30 some odd years do you just not like it or do you have some actual data that shows the discount is not worthy of its praise have you even owned one have you and shot one have you carried one if so what models what don’t you like about it or are you just going on and what you’ve read in gunrags and cheesy TV shows can you please expound on your thoughts it might make others help do you understand you a slight bit better because your ramblings really it’s just like a drunk post or a troll post since you haven’t been back please do you take the time to let us know what you’re really thinking and what they do these decisions to make this post

Hammer, Ethanol Red, SLAM37 and 8 others like this.
  13. rhsth4

rhsth4 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2018
    So do you not own a shotgun? Or a revolver? Or a bolt action? Or a 10/22? Or an AR?

All very easy to use guns...

5pt56 and Glock2740 like this.
  14. joerockhead

joerockhead "BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore ! Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    Blah.... Blah....Blah....

This isn't GLOCKTALK … …..:cool2:

PS... I love glocks…. but who cares ...

5pt56, cgff, fieldgrade and 5 others like this.
  15. JM44

JM44 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Feb 2, 2018
    couldn’t have said it better!

5pt56, Rizzo, Glock2740 and 4 others like this.
  16. Lineman1982

Lineman1982 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2018
    I have owned many Glocks. All have been great. Sold them all to buy Wilson’s. The only thing I was not comfortable with personally was carrying a Glock AIWB. I had the Glock Gadget and still not comfortable with it. Lots of people do it with no issue.

River runner, Glock2740 and JM44 like this.
  17. Dub

Dub born in the wrong century

Mar 19, 2017
    OP is either some sheltered teenager....or an old codger who thinks everyone else is stupid.

18. goodguywithagun

goodguywithagun Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 30, 2016
    I carry this gun more than any other gun I own and so do more law enforcement agencies around the world. Well not this exact gun , this one is mine, lol

Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rizzo, cgff, River runner and 9 others like this.
  19. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
    3F9F1DB9-A864-4C5D-9FD0-97C36043D0DF.jpeg
    I think you might be on to something, I bought this one at the police supply store and last year it killed a Coyote:(

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  20. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 19, 2017
    WOW U really stepped in it.

Some people want a plastic frame for many reasons however to just say a Glock or any other pistol is a POS is wrong.
    There are some 1911 addicts who would rather buy a Glock or any other pistol besides a Colt 1911. To be honest I love Colts & yet it was the only company who built that truly POS the Colt 1911 Officers model. I bought 1 of the first models & was not able to get it to run right at all.

If I had my choice I would take a Glock 9mm with a 26 rd magazine I do not know Glocks so it may hold more or less rounds. Not having an M1A with std. magazine on me, I would opt for a multi round platform to encounter mass bogges.

Perhaps the OP may want to do some research into the Glock, it is very well made & trusted in a gun fight. I have a Sig P250 a true POS however IMHO I hate to admit it I also bought a Kahr CW 45 & have put 560 rounds of 45 acp HPs through it without a single malfunction :eek: .

I'm not going to say yea, just throw me my Kahr instead of any 1911s I own, not going to happen. How long this reliability lasts who knows, I will just keep shooting it to find out.
    Great sights & not too bad for groups at 10-15 yards. It is however not a 1911.

I have carried it before it works great under a loose shirt, however I will be with my Wife who totes a Ruger Speed Six .357 mag just to be sure. The A team travels well armed :laugh: these dazes.

One last thought about plastic pistols at least most do not have a thumb safety I know why it's just you spend your life learning & Making muscle memory & that damn safety or lack of one get's you. Not a problem unless you have commited to one pistol platform over others. May just be me.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted