1911 Firearm Addicts banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Clint is EXTREMELY old school.....
Exactly. There is very little of this new version of the trs that embodies anything old school. Such a missed opportunity to create something fantastic.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
[...] does not have front serrations to double down on the horrid.
When I took Pistol 250 at Gunsite, you would be mildly ridiculed if you gripped the slide at the front, or did anything other than use an overhand grip at the rear of the slide.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
When I took Pistol 250 at Gunsite, you would be mildly ridiculed if you gripped the slide at the front, or did anything other than use an overhand grip at the rear of the slide.
I like and use certain types of front serrations but this gun should have been a close rendition of his carry.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Agreed.

Probably luck of the draw more than anything -- what'd Les suggest?
To take .003-005" off the front cutout on the bottom of the grip frame (i.e. deepen the cut by that amount).

Reactions: Au Jus in Bello

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've had mine since early spring. It's better than I expected, love the way it looks (better in person) and highly accurate. AND, never had a burp or belch w/ any ammo. This is chambered in 9mm. Great gun, one of my favorites...

View attachment 622759
Beautiful!
I'm not a fan of front slide serration on a 1911, but this minimal approach to it is an exemption. Limiting the "stripes" to only two makes it look beautiful to me. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did not know that. Thanks for the info.
A friend had one...paid $2400 for it at the time. He asked I come and shoot it and as I was leveling up the sights on taget I had just started the trigger press and it went off...we're talking well less than a 3# pull...on a "Combat" gun... It was true Bullseye quality and within 100 rounds was doubling.. Went back to Wilson and my friend, whose last name happened to be..."Wilson" requested a 3.5# trigger pull...and it came back with the same Bullseye trigger...which again started doubling within 100 rounds.

My friend requested his money back and it was refunded....he purchased a SIG P239 and lived happily ever after...

Bob

·
Professional Pest, NRA Patron member
2,591 Posts
I was told once by someone I won't mention that Clint wanted more money for the use of the TRS name and Les told him to go pack sand. Given some of the conversations I've heard, I can only say that it is as believable as most things you'll run across on the internet.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Oh LORD!! That ivory stocked Colt is STUNNING!! That’s what I would LOVE to have. I have a NIB NRM Colt in blue...maybe I should start looking into what I’d need to make it all of what I’d want. Of course then I’d have to find someone to work on it and those guys stay backed up for ages!!

Something I don’t get is that he said “a tight gun doesn’t make it more accurate, that’s BS!” Then he says “if I were on the line at Camp Perry then that’s a different story.”

Well isn’t that shooting based on being ACCURATE? If being tight doesn’t make it more accurate, why did he throw in that caveat?
Oh well...who am I to question these guys? They’ve forgotten more than I’ll ever know about 1911’s.

Thanks all for the info and pics.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts