Why the Japanese didn't attack the mainland.

Discussion in 'Open Mic' started by conditor, Apr 26, 2019.

1. conditor

conditor Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2019
    After the Japanese decimated our fleet in Pearl Harbor Dec 7, 1941, they could have sent their troop ships and carriers directly to California ...to finish what they started.

The prediction from our Chief of Staff was we would not be able to stop a massive invasion until they reached the Mississippi River.
    So, why did they not invade?

After the war, the remaining Japanese generals and admirals were asked that question. Their answer…...

They knew that almost every home had guns and the Americans knew how to use them. The world's largest army.... America 's hunters!

I had never thought about this.

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin .

Allow me to restate that number.

Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.

More men under arms than in Iran .

More than in France and Germany combined.

These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan 's 700,000 hunters, all of whom have now returned home.

Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia , and it literally establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

The point?

America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.

Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.

That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.

Food for thought when next we consider gun control
    by repealing the Second Amendment to our Constitution or otherwise minimizing it.

To quote the Swiss "We all fire one shot and go home" Invasion ended. (the Swiss are required to own guns)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    Antechinus, rmac, FWoo45 and 12 others like this.
  2. mikemac

mikemac Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Apr 22, 2017
    Yep! food for thought.

3. Greg45acp

Greg45acp Double Secret Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 31, 2016
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

This was attributed to Admiral Yamamoto but there is little evidence he actually said it.

I think the modern version would be "You cannot invade the mainland United States. Our soldiers would trip over every knucklehead trying to unjam his homebuilt, cheepest-possible AR behind every blade of grass." :D

Snakebill likes this.
  4. texasnurse

texasnurse Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2016
    WW2 for Americans began after bombing of Pearl Harbor...The Army was here, not deployed overseas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tnj1911 and RN47 like this.
  5. shootin-blanks

shootin-blanks Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Fortunately our country is bigger than Australia cuz they rolled over and gave up 650K guns.
    :(
    However , I believe most of the Sheeple in our country would do the same thing, if they mandate it. Look how many people live in States/cities that have banned guns now. Personally I would refuse to live in any of those places.. As I would be an outlaw.:robot:

How many gun owners are in the US in 2017?
    As of 2017, Gallup found that 42 percent of American households reported owning guns. With an estimated 118 million households in the United States, per the U.S. Census, that would mean that the country's 393 million guns are distributed among 50 million households.Jun 19, 2018
    *Thats a LOT of guns :)

This poll tells us that almost 60% of households DONT have a gun(s). I can only assume they are living in a location that prohibits them and/or they live in Fantasyland where by Law enforcement is there to protect them (NOT) and/or there is no EVIL in the world. (NOT)

*“To Protect and to Serve[1]” – the ubiquitous creed emblazoned across millions of police cars throughout Los Angeles and indeed the United States. This motto is consistent with the common belief that police officers as well as other law enforcement officers are here to protect us. After all, we are all taught to dial 9-1-1 when we need help. Subject to narrow exceptions[2], the United States Constitution does not require law enforcement officers to protect you from other people, according to the U.S. Supreme Court. This notion contradicts our engrained perceptions, but it’s still the law today.

Once again the term SHEEPLE comes to mind.

sheeplenews2_jp60.jpg

6. shootin-blanks

shootin-blanks Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    PS.. sorry if my RANT as strayed from the original post.

7. RN47

RN47 I'm just here for the gas. Supporting Addict

Feb 22, 2018

Yeah, roger. We weren't engaged in direct combat with anyone in December 1941. In fact outside of a few skirmishes we didn't enter direct ground combat with Germany until Operation Torch in November, 1942 with the invasion of North Africa.

I love the sentiment of the OP, but fuzzy history dilutes the point. While having 100 million privately owned firearms in our country helps, having the world's largest tank ditches off of either coast is probably a greater deterrent to invasion.

sbacpo, FWoo45 and Caeserslegion like this.
  8. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    Good post and can't argue it's spirit.

However, as others point out the historical facts are somewhat bent. Dean Acheson, all on his own, cut the Japanese off from it's California oil supply the month before. The attack on Hawaii was part of a broader strategy that involved military action up and down the South China Sea to secure other sources of crude oil. An attack on the US mainland wasn't part of the script, they wanted to prevent the American fleet from interfering with their pillage rape of southeast Asia.

The standing US Army at the time was 250,000, with a like number of National Guard with maybe 100,000 more in auxiliary reserve positions.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted