1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
I bought one new and had a lot of regrets after handling and shooting it for awhile. I like the checkering, roll marks, high cut but that’s about it. It is currently being chopped up by NH and I am greatly looking forward to seeing what magic they do to it.

With that said, at that price point I would jump on another one in a heartbeat

·
Registered
78 Posts
Have the chance to pick up a 90% example for $750. Any reason not to? Hoping to only need to change the thumb safety and then eventually use as a base gun.

Jim
I carry the WC CCO and love it.
The WC is an excellent gun, with a National Match barrel, wider notch rear sight, checkering, etc. I personally like the GI thumb safety and would be interested if you care to rid yourself of it.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,830 Posts
All the Wiley Clapp Colts are great guns and terrific foundations to build on, the gun in my avatar is a custom Clapp Commander. $750 is a great price.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
bnaples, that is some inspiration right there.

Does Alchemy still do work or only building new now?
I'm not sure about alchemy but I know nighthawk and Wilson will work on them...guncrafter as well as long as you don't need checkering.

·
Double Secret Banned
2,162 Posts
My tweaked Wiley Clapp has run flawlessly in a couple of high round count classes where Wilson’s and a Springer Pro were the guns crapping out.

Get the Clapp.

Reactions: Rhino1

·
Registered
914 Posts
I own two of 'em....one a standard, the other a prototype (1 of 6 built) lightweight that I REALLY love..... I was leery of it when I first looked - Colt doesn't usually release prototype guns after they've been demo'd, but it came with a Colt Letter that verified its' origin and that it was "legitimately" on the market.
RS.jpg

Reactions: colrhino
1 - 20 of 23 Posts