1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With all the CNC (CNC means Computer Numerical Control. This means a computer converts the design producedby Computer Aided Design software (CAD), into numbers parts) will 1911's become accurate? It appears to me that CNC parts are more accurately made and virtually the same dimensions for every part. With parts which are consistently the same size shouldn't machines made from these parts have closer tolerances and therefore be more accurate and dependable. I realized the difference in parts while building my first 1911 build which I'm working on now. I'm using a Wilson Combat carbon steel frame and slide. I started the build with parts from a new Kimber which was stripped of parts for a custom build. About half way through my build I decided to switch the parts over to WC Bullet Proof CNC parts. I'm not a machinist but can tell a difference between the Kimber parts and the Wilson parts. I think I'll have a better build when I get completed. I thought maybe some of you had experiences or comments regarding parts, cnc or otherwise.
Bill

·
It WAS Quack
1,586 Posts
Maybe...BullHunter was trying to figure out how to cut and fit a barrel with a CNC.

·
Eddie Van Halen
6,922 Posts
read Cabot's site. They will tell you what CNC can do for ya.

·
Evil Capt. Kirk from G.T.
74 Posts
It is not only that they are made on a CNC machine, but that they are made from bar stock, or billet.
Much better than a Mim or cast piece.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts