1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Wilson Beretta 92 model experience

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Dub 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with these? In the description, it states:

“Like all Wilson Combat-Beretta collaborations, this model has factory optimized action parts and improved slide to frame tolerances. Additional custom services are available”

So, I am to believe that the Base guns are stamped Wilson/Beretta at Beretta and fitted at Beretta and that you would need to order additional custom services to have an actual “Wilson gunsmith tuned”pistol?

#4 ·
For what it’s worth, I have a Wilson/Beretta Brig Tac with the Beretta action tune, and it’s tied for the most accurate and best shooting pistol in the safe. It was my main USPSA production gun for a while. Over 11,000 rounds through it at this point, and it chews up the 10 ring at 25m.
That said, yes, you’d have to get with Wilson to get actual Wilson work done on them.

#8 ·
I had the centurion and they are excellent guns. Please note, as stated above, it is relatively confusing buying these. Basically they sell them in two configurations (with and without the action tune). If the gun does not have action tune then it came went from Beretta and has no Wilson work done. If it does have action tune, that means it went to Wilson and that a smith at Wilson replaced the action parts and polished it. There used to be a sticker on the box that checked if it had the action tune but you can also confirm it with Wilson by providing the SN. The difference in cost is typically $250 or so between the standard model and action tune model

#9 ·
This is just the way Beretta operates with their partners. The superb Langdon Tactical Technologies 92s are made by beretta also. Not sure who does the action work on the LTT but Langdon does the optional stuff like carry bevels, np3 controls, barrel crown, cerakote.

#10 ·
Yes, LTT models are distributed similarly. Models are offered without and with the trigger job (same thing as Wilson’s “action tune”). Either shop does an excellent job, I have owned both. Their trigger jobs are very similar although I may give a little bit of an edge to LTT NP3 trigger. The one noticeable difference I noticed is how much quicker the reset is with the LTT bar but obtaining that requires either ordering directly from them or sending it back to the shop

#13 ·
The Wilson’s are Bill Wilson design elements executed by Beretta. The brigtac and centurion I owned were well fabricated, accurate and reliable with nice features worth more as a whole versus an m9a1. Didn’t miss the brig slide dip. I love how Bill Wilson reignited interest in 92.

Once Langdon came out with the LTT, the Wilson’s were sold. The relieved trigger guard , slide and Langdon’s optimized trigger bar, trigger job are subtle enhancements above the Wilson features.

as mentioned all beretta factory pistols but would go with an LTT directly from Langdon.

#14 ·
I cant get over the rounded trigger guard of the Wilsons. I much prefer the square guard of the LTT guns.

Currently waiting for a Holosun red dot for my LTT slide. Debating if i'll send my lower in to LTT for their NP3 upgrade.

#16 ·

Many other threads on them, too.

For what it’s worth, I have a Wilson/Beretta Brig Tac with the Beretta action tune, and it’s tied for the most accurate and best shooting pistol in the safe. It was my main USPSA production gun for a while. Over 11,000 rounds through it at this point, and it chews up the 10 ring at 25m.
That said, yes, you’d have to get with Wilson to get actual Wilson work done on them.

I'm very pleased with mine. I'd also like to get CentTac to go along with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.